We're about to hopefully purchase this but....

/ We're about to hopefully purchase this but.... #1  

StevenPaul

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2010 (Kranky), JD 4500
We\'re about to hopefully purchase this but....

Can anybody tell me is this is a good deal? I went by and saw it and it's really clean and in very good condition. Does anybody know the pros and cons to this tractor? We feel as though it's a pretty fair deal but would like some input.

FOR SALE:
1999 JOHN DEERE, 4500, 4x4, w/460 loader and grapple bucket, 1240 hours, pwr reverser transmisson, 39HP diesel, $16500

thanks for your help and input!
Steve

/ We're about to hopefully purchase this but.... #2  
Re: We\'re about to hopefully purchase this but....

I have a 2003 4510 that we bought new in summer 2004. It's the newer version of the machine you are considering. Mine also has the 460 loader and power reverser. I'm very happy with it and I would buy one again.

Mine has 100 hours and has given no trouble.

These are bigger machines that the 2210/BX/smaller machines that are more common among the membership here on TBN. If you need a machine of this frame size it's a good choice. Otherwise you are paying the same money you'd pay for a new BX, if the smaller machine would fit your needs.

Newer (used) 4510 units sell in the 20s for a price comparison. The current version is about 30 new.

Mine has a Curtis heated cab which I really like, especially in winter.

/ We're about to hopefully purchase this but....

Thanks for the reply and it was helpful. I've been looking for some info on these 4500's and it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of info on them other than the occasional spec sheet. I've been looking for some reviews from 4500 owners. Was this a limited production tractor or something? Or are they just that good and nobody wants to share their secret? haha! At any rate, I've been invited to see this tractor in action this Saturday as the seller does side work with it cleaning up wood debris.

/ We're about to hopefully purchase this but....

oh yeah, the Curtis cab is going to be a definite must have option, or so the wife tells me, hahaha!

Steve

/ We're about to hopefully purchase this but.... #5  

I have owned a JD 4500 MFWD with power reverser since 1999. It has been bullet proof for the past seven years. The only problem was the original JD battery which I replaced with a Delco freedom battery that has been going strong for 5 years. I registered on Tractorbynet today just to encourage you.