whack of firewood

/ whack of firewood #1  

woodmills1

Gold Member
Tractor
kioti LK3054
here is my 3054 after it brought this whack of fire wood out of the ice covered woods.

Attachments

• 42-106711-load.jpg
    42-106711-load.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 322
   / whack of firewood #2  
Do you have a chainsaw carried on the right fender? Seems to look like one, and I wondered if you have a scabbard made that carries it there. Or is there something in the background behind the tractor that looks like a saw?
Nice rig for moving wood out of the forest. Makes for pleasurable 'work' for you. Do you burn it in a wood stove in that length or buck it up and split it for burning or for sale?

Thanks for the pic.

/ whack of firewood
when i go for quick in and out of the woods i slide the saw into the handle for me on the fenders. it is quick but does a number on the fender. i cut and split all that nice dry standing dead wood for both a fireplace insert and a kitchen stove. just moved here in the past june so no time to really make a better wood heat delivery

/ whack of firewood #4  
James,
I finally got to see the Forester first hand w/the trailer picker at the NH expo. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif wow. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
How many cords of wood do you pull out at a time?
Must be pretty good working in the woods compare to a year ago. Nice photos..got anymore of your Kioti etc.. in action. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ whack of firewood
it is about a cord and a half on that load. here is a shot of me on the loader with some longer oak logs.

Attachments

• 42-106777-loader.jpg
    42-106777-loader.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 328
   / whack of firewood #6  
woody this sounds wierd but we have the same gas can for our chain saws. i noticed this before just thought i would comment this time. sure is a nice looking roll bar did you make it?

/ whack of firewood
good old true value gas can, got it when i finally puntured my metal one after 20 years. the ROPS is the factory one, but the FOPS canopy was installed when the tractor was new by les distributors payeur, the company that assembled the package.

/ whack of firewood #8  
i really like that fops i might try to make one. when i'm brush hogging i get alot of limbs hitting me and the dk35. the other day a limb flicked the light switch knob off and i couldn't find it and wouldn't you know it you can only buy the whole switch for only $28. i guess that's not too bad considering it goes on a tractor.