what about the posts?

/ what about the posts?
Mr. Yan Man,

I'm a newbie who is picking up his first yannie tomorrow...and I intend to become a solid member of this forum. If you guys think it would be helpful, I would certainly be available to help with migrating the old posts to this new forum. We would certainly have to organize the move, and it would take some time, but we could, I think do it. As someone pointed out, we are assuming that yahoo will keep the posts active well into the future, and this may be...but speaking for myself, I found the old posts invaluable in making as informed a decision regarding my purchase that I could. So, perhaps it's not necessary, which would be cool, because it would be alot of work, but if you think it might be helpful, I'll lend a hand. I really would hate to lose that body of knowledge.

Hillbillyman

/ what about the posts? #12  
I think that we should think hard about reposting. The great majority of the Yahoo posts do not need to be reposted. There were a few really good messaged that might be good to have over here but in many cases the folks who wrote them are here and that can write new and improved messages. Also the folks here at TBN have a huge arcive of great stuff. Many of our non-Yanmar questions have already been answered.

Chris

/ what about the posts?
If everyone would go to the group and print the post's that interested them, they wouldn't be lost if yahoo shut down. It's a lot easier to carry a stack of paper print outs to the garage/barn than it is to run an extension cord and drag out the pc. Dola

/ what about the posts?
Given the limited number of posts that actually apply to any single user, it would seem far more intelligent to simply cut & paste the ones you need to a floppy or CD.

/ what about the posts?
<font color=blue>...Don't hold back....</font color=blue>

Harv...

Are you having fun...? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ what about the posts? #16  
Someone tell me what the big deal is all about. The old posts were already sorted through and organized. They were called reposts. All you have to do is resort through the old reposts and bring them over if you feel it will be helpful to others or yourself at a later date. The Yahoo site stinks, I think we would all agree on that. It is a pain to simply access Yahoo to look for old , reorganized posts. Many times we, me and several others, went through and compiled 5-10 or more posts on a single topic and relisted it as a "repost". The info is there and the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Yahoo is undependable and not user friendly. You guys should be sending checks to all that wish to help make this a lager data base. Remember we are dealing with grey market tractors here. You can't just drive into the local JD dealer, tell him you have a problem with your 3,500 dollar Yanmar and expect him to get his tool box out. That's just my 75 cents worth. bw

/ what about the posts? #17  
On of the only good things about the "new and improved" groups is that the 12,000+ messages will have a search engine to browse through the old posts. If the entire club moves here, you might think of the new/old Yahoo site as a searchable archive.
Thanks,
Cameron

As of October 2019, all 4 Yanmar Yahoo Groups were archived and stored on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on the Groups.IO site. Yahoo has DELETED or REMOVED any access to the messages, files, databases, and photos over there. A few of us last standing Yanmar folks pull together and backed-up everything. Out intent is to preserve the wealth of messages, files, photos, and links everyone contributed to. In no way to compete here.

Should folks need to go back and locate anything or to cross reference things, our goal is to have the information available. Yes, it is all searchable. The message section was exported as PDF, HTML, XLS and OSD formats.

Even after the spin off, the Yahoo Groups kept getting new members. Thus the message count kept growing from the 12,000-ish to over 31,000-ish.

main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io | Home

NOTE: A total of 4 related sites to Yanmar tractors are
archived and migrated here in the FILES section:

Yanmar Tractor Owners
Messages = 31,555-ish
Photos = 669Mb

Yanmar Tractor Information
Messages = 3,000-ish

Yanmar Tractor Parts
Messages = 393

GrayMarket Tractors
Messages = 4,584-ish

We also did the Mitshubishi and Satoh gray market tractors too. The good thing is, the entire group moved to GroupsIO should anyone need info.

Our only question is, where to host the photos? It's a limited factor on GroupsIO for the free account.