What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,652  
Removed the battery on my 2400H ‘cause that sucker is deader than true love!!! Looking for an affordable replacement…what’s everyone else running in their little Bransons?

TXCOMT

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,653  
Well my replacement certainly can't be called "affordable", but I need(ed) a battery that can tolerate our -40 F (ambient) winters here. I bought an Optima red top battery the very first winter I had my tractor. The first time the ambient air temp hit -30 F, the OEM Interstate battery died stone cold dead. We can't have that now. Not here, anyway. That would be like having a battery that died from "too much sunshine" in TX or AZ.

That Optima has been in service for six years now, and tolerated every winter since. It's never parked anywhere that's heated in winter (coldest ambient air temp so far has been -45 F), and no need for any foolish "battery blankets", "battery tenders" or any other falderra. It's never needed a jump start, even going for months sometimes between uses.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,654  
I shipped my starter back to the dealer for warranty replacement. Ran the tractor briefly on a recent evening, went to start it the next morning and only the clicking of the relay. did all the diagnosing and concluded it was the starter. Called the dealer and I have one month left under warranty 😅! That was close... about $600 - $700 for a new one, and you can't just replace the solenoid!

Think I'm going to make a video on how to R&R it. You have to move the hydraulic return lines to get it out.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,655  
I rekeyed the ignition switch on my 2400h today. When I bought the tractor 3 weeks ago it only came with one key. I bought one of these switches on sale for $9.99 and used the tumblers from the new switch in the Branson switch. Same tumblers and springs.

switch.PNG