what I call a tune up

/ what I call a tune up #1  

bmryer

Tractor
2210 john deere
my 2005 JD 2210 has about 900 hrs on it regular oil and air filters . Its starts a little hard some times is there such a thing as a tune up like the old days with plugs and points I guess with diesel electronics that will not be that easy . What to do besides going to my JD shop
Thanks
Benhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/smilies/new/2cents.gif

/ what I call a tune up #2  
start with new oil and filter, fuel filters, and air filters, and then change them like owners manual says

/ what I call a tune up #3  
My recent JD purchase was running rough when I purchased it.

I completely drained the fuel,, and replaced the fuel,, and both filters.

It was night and day how much the change helped.
I gave the old fuel to a neighbor that was burning some brush,,,
he was happy!! :thumbsup:

/ what I call a tune up #4  
My recent JD purchase was running rough when I purchased it.

I completely drained the fuel,, and replaced the fuel,, and both filters.

It was night and day how much the change helped.
I gave the old fuel to a neighbor that was burning some brush,,,
he was happy!! :thumbsup:

Do you add anything to your diesel? I add 2 cycle oil to mine.

/ what I call a tune up #7  
Fuel filter is my guess. That or a weak battery. Those are both likely culprits for a slow starting diesel. Do you know how to cycle the glow plugs? Leave the range lever in gear and turn the key to start position. Glow indicator will light up and you will hear it click off. Do this a couple times. Not trying to be insulting as you've had the tractor quite a while and probably know this already.

One thing that helped on my 2210 that was a little rough to start was something I did inadvertently. I had some dirt to move and it really worked the crap out of the machine. Lots of near stalling and hard pushing for several hours. Not abuse, just worked the snot out of it. It's run and started better ever since. Diesels like to work hard. Just idling around and cruising down the driveway doesn't do it.

Good luck.