What is this adjuster for?

/ What is this adjuster for? #1  

CO_Farmer

Tractor
Yanmar YM2500
It's a allen-head screw with lock nut next to the bucket operating lever.

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 311
   / What is this adjuster for? #2  
I answered your question in the other forum...

Please do not double post questions:D

/ What is this adjuster for? #3  
kennyd said:
I answered your question in the other forum...

Please do not double post questions:D

Kenny, I thought I knew of all the YM user group sites, but I can't find the one where CO Farmer posted the question about this set screw.

I've had the same question on my FEL control valve. I assume it's to control the flow of hyd fuild to the cylinders. I have notice my FEL slowly lowers when not used. Will closing it serve the same function as the valve control for the 3 pt?

If so, any suggestions on the proper setting?

Thanks, Harry

PS: I just found the orig question and everyone's response about it being a PRV, which still leaves the question, "What is the proper setting to control the FEL?, if that's what it's for.

/ What is this adjuster for? #4  
vietvetharry said:
Kenny, I thought I knew of all the YM user group sites, but I can't find the one where CO Farmer posted the question about this set screw.

I've had the same question on my FEL control valve. I assume it's to control the flow of hyd fuild to the cylinders. I have notice my FEL slowly lowers when not used. Will closing it serve the same function as the valve control for the 3 pt?

If so, any suggestions on the proper setting?

Thanks, Harry

PS: I just found the orig question and everyone's response about it being a PRV, which still leaves the question, "What is the proper setting to control the FEL?, if that's what it's for.

This screw will NOT work like speed/lower control on the 3PH, it is used to set the maximum pressure for the FEL circuit. To set properly, you'll need a hydraulic pressure gauge capable of reading 1500 to 3000psi or so, and you will need to now what the proper pressure is supposed to be. On my JD it's set at 2450 psi IIRC...

/ What is this adjuster for? #5  
DO NOT SCREW IT ALL THE WAY IN!!! :eek: It is the pressure relief valve for the FEL. You adjust it for the maximum pressure that your FEL circuit allows. As posted you need an oil dampened guage and a way to "T" it into one of the outlets of the loader valve. You dead-head that line/cylinder and see what the pressure reads at which the relief opens.

It is not complicated, but it would be better to have someone that understands well what is going on, or someone that has done it before. Screw the center in to increase the pressure and out to lower. The nut is just a lock nut.

Mike

/ What is this adjuster for? #6  
Thanks to both of you for the excellent advice. Only at TractorByNet can you expect timely advice from BOTH Poland and Maryland. What a Place!!