What is this broken part?

/ What is this broken part? #1  

petebert

Silver Member
Tractor
This part at the top of the post for one of the front tires broke today. I don't what it is or what it does. It's in a Zetor Zebra, if you can give me a part name I can begin looking for another one.

Is it possible it's a generic part? If it's a Zetor specific part it might be pretty hard to find, think it could be welded? It's cracked all the way through.

Is there any risk to me moving the tractor with it broken?

s8QYvS5.jpg

czWVc5V.jpg

6R8VSrh.jpg

/ What is this broken part? #2  
I would move it, cautiously, if it needed to be closer to someplace to be worked on.

No idea what it is called. You could try to weld it, it may work, it may not. Just keep an eye on it for a while if you do.

EDIT... It looks like the steering stops are made on to it...??? In the second and third pictures where you have drawn the red arrow, does that ear that sticks out contact the vertical tab to the left when the steering wheel is turned all the way to one side? (It's on the right in the first pic.)

/ What is this broken part? #3  
I think the term is "collar"

/ What is this broken part? #4  
It looks like it also is a keeper for the king pin. If you took it off, that allows the king pin to slide out the of bottom end maybe? Don't do any wheelies while cautiously moving it. :D

/ What is this broken part?
I drove it a little bit today, it did fine. The broken piece moved with the steering, probably rusted on. I don't plan on driving it any more until I get it fixed.

DT86, I looked at it again after your comment and those are steering stops.

/ What is this broken part? #6  
G'day it looks to me that it is just the steering stop, I can't see that you will do any harm by driving it.

As for the repair pull it off and vee it out and then weld it, it looks to be cast iron so a cast welding rod with some preheating would be advised. I would think that it will be a genuine part only.

Jon