What is this tool...

/ What is this tool... #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
What is this tool and it's use? (I suppose the name will tell me it's use)
Local diesel mechanic has a bunch of his tools listed and this caught my eye. (what caught my interest were the metric sockets which I've been looking to obtain)

I might add, it appears to be what I'd call a crows foot, but, I HAVE a set of crows foot (feet?) so I'm not feeling that one.

00z0z_hStIsjEBztD_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

/ What is this tool... #2  
They do look like a type of crow foot wrench but those usually have hex shaped openings to hopefully reduce rounding of the fitting. Perhaps these are an extended crow foot.

/ What is this tool... #3  
My initial reaction is crow foot also. Almost look like they are for an impact. I bet it’s some kind of speciality tool but i don't know what.

/ What is this tool... #4  
I think it's a vertical crows foot. For situations where you can't get a socket on it but there's not enough clearance for a regular crows foot. Probably one of those things that's rarely used but super useful when it's needed.

/ What is this tool... #5  
What is this tool and it's use? (I suppose the name will tell me it's use)
Local diesel mechanic has a bunch of his tools listed and this caught my eye. (what caught my interest were the metric sockets which I've been looking to obtain)

I might add, it appears to be what I'd call a crows foot, but, I HAVE a set of crows foot (feet?) so I'm not feeling that one.

View attachment 857500
Looks very similar to a Sprinkler Head wrench.

1710613015162.png

/ What is this tool... #7  
First time I seen these:

Crows Feet Adjustable Flare Nut Sockets​

1710642208291.png

willy

/ What is this tool... #8  
I was thinking maybe it’s a tool to loosen injectors if they were recessed too deep for a regular crows foot.

/ What is this tool...
I've played email tag with the gent. I'm trying to find time where I can maybe (with his permission) swing by there to assess all he has and see if some or all of it is interesting for me to buy.

Says he's 40 years in diesel and heavy machinery fixing but says he's got something like 540 "master sets" of some kind of tool which makes no sense to me. Up to 4" sockets ... (not that I'd ever need a 4" socket)

Large rolling tool chest, impacts, wrenches.... just a whole truckload of stuff is seen in pictures BUT that doesn't mean what all is in pictures is for sale.

/ What is this tool... #10  
They look exactly like some of the fuel injector removal wrenches I have.