Snow Attachments What is this vintage beast?

/ What is this vintage beast? #11  
I had one like it but older.

Sure threw snow, but it also pelted the operators station with stones! No FUN!

Do a Google image search for tractor snow blower, there are several pics on the net.

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 277
   / What is this vintage beast?
We r in southern Manitoba, Canada. Looking at websites... Looks like it could be an Erskine. Thoughts?

/ What is this vintage beast? #13  
Thanks Spacky,
On more than one occasion, I've read a message about a plow and it didn't sound like any plow I'd ever used. When I looked under the members name and saw that he lived in the North, I realized it was a SNOW plow. ☺

/ What is this vintage beast? #14  
I've seen one or 2 similar ones here in Colorado. All old & cheap. I hear they plug up pretty easily & pretty obviously they have been replaced by ones with augers as you dont see any new ones made like that. I'm not a fan of pull blowers as we get heavy drifting around here. And you can't pull a blower through if you cant drive through. But you can push a blower or plow through to clear the way for the tractor.

/ What is this vintage beast? #15  

Do a Google image search for tractor snow blower, there are several pics on the net.

I have the same one and have used it the last few years, it works great and was made by Snowmachines Corp, which is out of business now.
IMG_2845.JPGIMG_2850.JPG

/ What is this vintage beast? #16  

Hi - that pic is one I originally posted in 2002 - brilliantly simple, one spinning part - best for tractors with a higher-speed pto than 540. Only threw stuff at me when I left the chute loose and it rattled around to forward :eek:

Spacky's blower is great - I really like the flipper chute.

As avatar shows, things have changed....Dick B

/ What is this vintage beast? #17  
Hi - that pic is one I originally posted in 2002 - brilliantly simple, one spinning part - best for tractors with a higher-speed pto than 540. Only threw stuff at me when I left the chute loose and it rattled around to forward :eek:

Spacky's blower is great - I really like the flipper chute.

As avatar shows, things have changed....Dick B

The one I had, had a "speeder" arrangement built around a wheel hub bearing assembly. the input and output were co-axial, with two sets of chain wheels stepping up the 540 pto speed to about 800 rpm via a jackshaft.
I know a picture would help, but the unit is long gone.

It was also fitted with an extension wing to draw in the snow off the far side.. That thing would really mow down the banks left by a truck mounted plow.

The one I had also was fitted with the flipper chute. Left or right, and nothing between. The rocks I dodged came off the impeller, not out of the chute ;-)

/ What is this vintage beast? #19  
Just glad I’m not that guys neighbor. Probably can hear that for 2 miles

/ What is this vintage beast? #20  
Have an identical one in the weeds worked fine just not fast enough in deep snow