What is wire to carb. for?

/ What is wire to carb. for? #1  

Bud V

Tractor
satoh s650g
I did not buy this new, but have been having trouble starting.
Thanks Bud
PS. s650g

/ What is wire to carb. for? #2  
In general (not sure about your tractor), I think many engines have a fuel cut-off at the carb. No power --> no fuel. It helps protect the engine from dieseling.

There could also be electronic chokes and such on some engines.

/ What is wire to carb. for? #3  
Probably a fuel cut off solenoid like CliffordK said. When power is applied, it retracts to let fuel into the carb. You can hear it click when power is applied then it clicks again when power is off and the spring resets it.

/ What is wire to carb. for? #4  
My S650G has no wiring to its carb.

Lee

/ What is wire to carb. for? #5  
On my Kohler Generator the fuel shut off valve cost 75.00 to replace after spade lug had broken off.
But then found out sludge or trash had almost plugged the tip .
Now will start almost after first turn over instead of several cranks. And no loud back fire after engine is shut off.
ken

/ What is wire to carb. for? #6  
There is no wire going to the carb. Could you be looking at the temp sending unit on the manifold underneath? If not, send a picture.
If the engine runs OK after a hard start it could just be that the choke is not adjusted properly (assuming you are using it, I choke even on warm days unless the engine is warmed up). Wes ;)

/ What is wire to carb. for?
There is no wire going to the carb. Could you be looking at the temp sending unit on the manifold underneath? If not, send a picture.
If the engine runs OK after a hard start it could just be that the choke is not adjusted properly (assuming you are using it, I choke even on warm days unless the engine is warmed up). Wes ;)
Wes, This is a 12volt wire. Any ideas? Try to send pix.
Thanks Bud 100_0192.JPG

/ What is wire to carb. for? #8  
That is a Idle fuel solinoid. It need 12 volts to it to open the Idle fuel passage.
That carb though appears to be not a original for the s650g Mazda engine.

Lee

/ What is wire to carb. for? #9  
I agree with Lee. There were only 2 carbs. on original equipment and this doesn't look like either. Maybe the folks at Valley Power can help you get the right carb.
Valley Power
1-800-609-5110
Wes