What kind of Corn Picker do I have?

/ What kind of Corn Picker do I have? #1  

justissr

Hi, I am new to forums and new to owning a farm. Actually grew up on this farm, but as a girl, just wasn't interested. Now I have inherited it and am ready to learn.

I have very fond memories of this corn picker, but it probably hasn't been used since about 1957-1962 period. Can anyone tell me about it? My sister and I would appreciate any info you can gleen from the pictures.

Is it worth anything? Would it be valued only as a display item, or do parts exist to keep this age/type equipment going? It has been under a shed about 20 yrs; was kept outside before that.

I was a visitor to this forum last week as I researched buying a bush hog. Thanks for all y'all taught me.

Attachments

• P6070035.JPG
    P6070035.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 257
  • P6070037.JPG
    P6070037.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 298
  • P6070040.JPG
    P6070040.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 476
  • P6070036.JPG
    P6070036.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 442
   / What kind of Corn Picker do I have? #2  
Welcome to TBN.:welcome:

I can't help any with the corn picker other than that it looks pretty tired, but I will admit that I love the older equipment when it's in usable condition.

Best of luck with the farm. Hope we get to see you around for a long time here.:thumbsup:

/ What kind of Corn Picker do I have? #3  
On first blush looks like a "New Idea".

Tin and reddish wheels.

Have you thoughts of using it? like getting it back to useable condition?

/ What kind of Corn Picker do I have? #5  
It is a New Idea #7 corn picker. It is missing the elevator to take the corn into the wagon. Hard to tell what the husking rolls look like but, it has value just in other parts. Could be put back in shape if someone had other machines like it. Advertise it to sell, but by all means, I would advise not junking it! Trac