What kind of grease is this white grease.

/ What kind of grease is this white grease. #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
This grease is very thick, slimey and sticky. The part is the inner tie rod end on a Kioti NX4510HST tractor. I know that there is some kind of nylon or mylar lining inside the cup as I have installed grease fittings on them. When I drilled the 1/8" hole white plastic came out after I broke thru the metal. The green grease is what I pumped in to make sure it worked.

Attachments

• 20231118_133043.jpg
    20231118_133043.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
   / What kind of grease is this white grease. #4  
This grease is very thick, slimey and sticky. The part is the inner tie rod end on a Kioti NX4510HST tractor. I know that there is some kind of nylon or mylar lining inside the cup as I have installed grease fittings on them. When I drilled the 1/8" hole white plastic came out after I broke thru the metal. The green grease is what I pumped in to make sure it worked.
White grease is often a lithium soap based grease. However, I have seen white greases that were some sort of teflon containing grease and I don't know if they had a lithium soap base. Since you are using a different grease than what is already present it would be a good idea to clean all the old grease out. If that isn't going to be done then you should check to see if the greases are remaining stable. Some greases are not compatible with some other greases and this can lead to the base becoming hard and letting the lubricant flow away. So then the grease is no longer doing its job. Doesn't the Kioti dealer know what kind of grease is in the thing?
Eric

/ What kind of grease is this white grease.
White grease is often a lithium soap based grease. However, I have seen white greases that were some sort of teflon containing grease and I don't know if they had a lithium soap base. Since you are using a different grease than what is already present it would be a good idea to clean all the old grease out. If that isn't going to be done then you should check to see if the greases are remaining stable. Some greases are not compatible with some other greases and this can lead to the base becoming hard and letting the lubricant flow away. So then the grease is no longer doing its job. Doesn't the Kioti dealer know what kind of grease is in the thing?
Eric
These are pre greased and do not come with grease fittings. I installed them so that I can keep these lubed up. My original tie rods wore out with less than 1250 hours on it. I can check with the dealer but I think the answer will be "I don't know".

/ What kind of grease is this white grease. #6  
These are pre greased and fo not come with grease fittings. I installed them so that I can keep these lubed up. My original tie rods wore out with less than 1250 hours on it.
From your first post where you mentioned installing grease fittings I figured that they did not come with grease fittings. Still, can you ask Kioti what kind of grease they used? How hard is it to take the thing apart? If it is a tough or time consuming job then you really should clean all the old grease out unless you can find out if your grease is compatible with their grease. Of course this is just my opinion.
Eric

/ What kind of grease is this white grease. #7  
These are pre greased and do not come with grease fittings. I installed them so that I can keep these lubed up. My original tie rods wore out with less than 1250 hours on it. I can check with the dealer but I think the answer will be "I don't know".
Did you happen to pull the rubber boot off the old ones to see if there was any signs of the old grease left?

/ What kind of grease is this white grease.
From your first post where you mentioned installing grease fittings I figured that they did not come with grease fittings. Still, can you ask Kioti what kind of grease they used? How hard is it to take the thing apart? If it is a tough or time consuming job then you really should clean all the old grease out unless you can find out if your grease is compatible with their grease. Of course this is just my opinion.
Eric
I will contact Kioti on the grease. I do plan on flushing the green grease out of the joints. It is simple to pull the clips that hold the rubber boots on.