What model and engine is in your Mitsubishi or Satoh?

/ What model and engine is in your Mitsubishi or Satoh? #11  
well, my Satoh 650-g has a Mazda 626 sedan car motor in it. Original factory installed.
Please take this as intended- I'm not trying to be contrary. The 626 wasn't produced until about 20 years after the Satoh 650G. The Mazda Capella or 616 would possibly have been a closer match but I think the smallest motor put in any of those Mazda's was approx. 90 HP ( almost 4 times more than the Satoh) and significantly larger displacement than the 650G engine.

As far as which engine is in what Mitsubishi tractor Valley Power has the most comprehensive listing Ive seen to date.

/ What model and engine is in your Mitsubishi or Satoh?
Please take this as intended- I'm not trying to be contrary. The 626 wasn't produced until about 20 years after the Satoh 650G. The Mazda Capella or 616 would possibly have been a closer match but I think the smallest motor put in any of those Mazda's was approx. 90 HP ( almost 4 times more than the Satoh) and significantly larger displacement than the 650G engine.

As far as which engine is in what Mitsubishi tractor Valley Power has the most comprehensive listing Ive seen to date.

Actually that list is now superseded with an update to ED's original work. And the PDF document is now searchable with additional information.

The PDF document is actually now in this sub-form.
MITSUBISHI-SATOH HISTORY REV 2.pdf

The ideal means is to update the document even further with owners reporting in their actual model and engine.

:)

Last edited:
   / What model and engine is in your Mitsubishi or Satoh? #14  
I only know what I was told about the car. I could have been told wrong. anyway my 650-g has a Mazda motor of some sorts in it. and yes its the original motor.
I am still looking for a decent replacement motor to put in it. This one has major problems.

/ What model and engine is in your Mitsubishi or Satoh?
I only know what I was told about the car. I could have been told wrong. anyway my 650-g has a Mazda motor of some sorts in it. and yes its the original motor.
I am still looking for a decent replacement motor to put in it. This one has major problems.

Have you looked at repower engine replacements?

The S650G Mazda PB100 engine was also used in the S550G and the Yale forklift truck 71-73.

Others have found engines that bolt right in with little effort from other engine makers too. See this TBN thread with good details in this forum.

What engines would directly bolt in?

The Mazda TA/TB engine fits too. Known to be offered in the Ford Courier back in the day. More power too.

Last edited: