What oil

/ What oil #1  

csuengr

Tractor
Ford 1310
It has come time for another oil change. It's a 1984 Ford 1310. The tractor sees about 15 hours of use a year, as in it has a total of 544 hours on it. The oils gets changed every three to four years. I do, however, try to make sure the engine reaches operating temperature whenever I run it. There are so many oil choices and was wanting some recommendations on a oil that does well under these conditions. The tractor takes a whopping 3.5 quarts, so cost isn't that important. Thank you.

/ What oil
And I posted in the wrong section. Can someone move please. Thank you.

/ What oil #3  
I love Sheaffers out of St Louis, oldest refinery in USA their Supreme 7000 or 9000 can't be beat I use 15/40 but mine is a diesel. Their website has a lot of information. I suppose you are in Loveland Colorado?

/ What oil #4  
Based upon the extended time it goes between changes, I'd suggest a synthetic oil in the weight range the manual recommends. Pretty much any name brand synthetic diesel oil should be fine.

/ What oil #5  
rotella T6 is a very good choice. It is synthetic and will hold up well on the long service intervals.

/ What oil
I love Sheaffers out of St Louis, oldest refinery in USA their Supreme 7000 or 9000 can't be beat I use 15/40 but mine is a diesel. Their website has a lot of information. I suppose you are in Loveland Colorado?

Yep, Loveland, CO. And the tractor is a diesel, all 1.0L of it.