What part number injectors for my IH 484 ?

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ? #1  

southms

Tractor
International Harvester
Hello guys and gals.

When my tractor was given to me it was smoking with the blue smoke (unburned diesel fuel). I used it as it is until my clutch went out. Now that I am fixing my clutch I would like to also solve this blue smoke issue. My guess is that there is something wrong with injectors. Previous owner told me he taken injectors out and had them rebuilt by some place but it never ran right since.

I have a 3 cylinder IH 484. The tag on the right side by the wheel is hardly readable but I could make the numbers out 1-484 then below it B480003B001322-x-

I checked to make sure injectors are pointed the correct way but that's about all I could think of.

How can I solve this blue smoke issue?

I would like to order a new injectors for this tractor. Please help find the correct part number.

Below are the pictures of the fuel pump and serial number tag.

THANK YOU!

IMG_20180518_111759_resized_20180523_012114990.jpg IMG_20180518_111805_resized_20180523_012114377.jpg IMG_20180523_120123_resized_20180523_012113642.jpg

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ? #2  
BLUE smoke is engine oil.. not fuel..
Fuel is either White or Black..
Behind the top lever on the inj. pump, on the flat, on top of the pump is a Bosch 10 digit #.. 0 460 304 ***
GET IT & call you local fuel shop.. they can take the pump # & tell you what injectors are "supposed to be" in it..
When a set is taken out for rebuild.. the injectors are taken apart & the tips replaced w/ the SAME # that came out..
SO, saying it never ran right after the inj. were o/h doesn't make sense.. other than the fact that the "now" spraying correctly injectors are allowing the REAL problem to show thru..?? bad rings..
WHY were the injectors rebuilt in the 1st place??

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ? #3  
I have a 484, D179 engine. Smokes on start-up, then no issue. The exhaust on this engine is alway toxic.

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ?
Thank you for the heads up on the pump numbers. I will make sure to find them and get them.

I have no idea why it was rebuilt in the first place. The guy who gave it to me said it was given to him because it "never ran right".
The fumes don't smell as an oil smoke. They do smell as un-burned diesel fuel. If you are on the tractor for 10 minutes your eyes will water and throat burning from this toxic exhaust

Behind the top lever on the inj. pump, on the flat, on top of the pump is a Bosch 10 digit #.. 0 460 304 ***
GET IT & call you local fuel shop.. they can take the pump # & tell you what injectors are "supposed to be" in it..
When a set is taken out for rebuild.. the injectors are taken apart & the tips replaced w/ the SAME # that came out..
SO, saying it never ran right after the inj. were o/h doesn't make sense.. other than the fact that the "now" spraying correctly injectors are allowing the REAL problem to show thru..?? bad rings..

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ?
ThePumpGuy,

The number off the pump shows 0460 303 147

Do you know what part number the correct nozzles are?

IMG_20180524_100015_resized_20180524_015550857.jpg

/ What part number injectors for my IH 484 ? #6  
Bosch pump to repair cost a lot of money. Remove pump and let a pumpshop test it for "starting fuel delivery" .If that is to low it wil not start at all !