What part wasn't at store???

/ What part wasn't at store??? #21  
Heck.. the right hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.. and isn't even aware that there is a left hand..

Soundguy

/ What part wasn't at store??? #22  
PineRidge said:
Needed another gallon of Rust Buster so drove to the local TSC to get some. Clerk said no, we don't carry Rust Buster, never have. When I got home checked the TSC catalog and sure enough Rust Buster was there.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :D

In the case of the TSC store closest to me, often times the left hand doesn't even realize there IS a right hand.

After several years of decline, "corporate TSC" moved in and made corrective measures in regards to the way this store operates. They got it up to par in short order. Then they left it to the store employees. In even SHORTER ORDER, it's back to the old ways.

RANT---RANT---RANT, and so on.

/ What part wasn't at store??? #23  
Soundguy said:
Heck.. the right hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.. and isn't even aware that there is a left hand..

Soundguy

LOL!!! I read Pineridge's comments and went off! Then I see YOUR reply. Great minds think alike I guess!

/ What part wasn't at store??? #24  
BTDT said:
I had a parts guy that worked at the rental business I used to work for tell people that he had the part they called about. They would come pick up the part, go to put it in to find that it was actually the wrong part. By the time they came back parts guy would have gotten the correct part shipped in and exchange with them. He did this on purpose. He said he was guaranteed the sale this way, if he told them he didn't have part, they would go somewhere else.

Twice I called part places and they said the part is in stock. After driving a half hour (I live 1/2 hour from anything) they said the computer shows it here but we don't have it. Now I ask if they could go back and get the part and put my name on it.

/ What part wasn't at store??? #25  
Lost two bolts from the chipper/ shreader, they bolt into the housing so can't tell the threads. Look in Owner's manual - no help. Call 1 800 number and get a really long series of menu choices that end up telling me to call local supplier. Call local supplier, nope don't have them, can't tell from the diagram the size - but, can order them. OK - order two of them. Two days later they come in, drive half hour over to the supplier, get the bolts - "Uh - these don't look right, would you mind humoring me and showing me on the diagram which ones you ordered?" "Sure - no problem, come round the counter and look at the computer screen" Look at the screen, yep, right bolts. Drive home, try bolts, they don't even engage the threads! grrrrrrr

Barry

/ What part wasn't at store??? #26  
Use a ruler, and measure the hole diameter. Now.. buy that size, and the 2 on eaither side of it. If it's a casting.. I's most likely coarse thread for whatever size fastener you are getting. Buy 2 of each.. it's cheaper then driving 50 miles to check and be wrong.. etc..

Soundguy

/ What part wasn't at store??? #27  
Soundguy said:
Reminds me of radioschack. I hate walking in, and having the kid that works their rush up .... and say 'no' they don't carry them.. and then i walk over to the wall, and grab the item of the shelf...
You would love Fry's Electronics. They are huge, think of a Radio Shack covering several city blocks filled with state of the art fascinating gear across an extremely broad range - IC's, many brands of specialty tools, many brands of digital cameras, a 100 ft wall of wireless network gear, multiple listening rooms.

The Frys Photo Project

And nobody who understands anything. The staff seems to be all part timers, average history 2 weeks, and they are selling on commission.

The only way to shop and maintain sanity is to take the weekly 8 page ad and show the pictures to everyone with a name tag. After talking to a half-dozen employees you find one who will admit they stock the item but that doesn't help, you are on your own to find the sale display (pallets) which can be across the store from where similar items are normally stocked.