What should I do?

/ What should I do? #31  
I use a portable gas capstan winch to winch the logs to the trail then i either cut them up and haul them out in a trailer and my large bucket on my Power Trac 1850 or haul them out whole. I have done larger logs than you describe but the PT as configured is not great in that i was dragging them out in reverse. A logging arch to pull behind my PT1850 with the grapple bucket on the front would be a great combination.

By the way, i picked the PT 1850 because of its low ground impact when i have the duals on it. The force on the ground is less than my atv. I could not take my traditional CUTs down the trails 99% of the time (they do not call this area Springwater for no reason!).

Ken

/ What should I do? #32  
I use a portable gas capstan winch to winch the logs to the trail then i either cut them up and haul them out in a trailer and my large bucket on my Power Trac 1850 or haul them out whole. I have done larger logs than you describe but the PT as configured is not great in that i was dragging them out in reverse. A logging arch to pull behind my PT1850 with the grapple bucket on the front would be a great combination.

By the way, i picked the PT 1850 because of its low ground impact when i have the duals on it. The force on the ground is less than my atv. I could not take my traditional CUTs down the trails 99% of the time (they do not call this area Springwater for no reason!).

Ken

Those powertracs are pretty cool! Especially with the duals!

/ What should I do? #33  
I live in the center of logging as far as I am concerned. I have had a number of loggers come by and give my PT 1850 a spin. They are quite impressed. And the fact these bad boys go where only atv's go is pretty darn cool.