What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #31  
I wish it was that simple,

Two stage units cost them less to make and they make more money.

The mid drive PTO's operate at a faster rpm to run the lawn mowers and require a reverser and a mounting frame for the snow blowers and sweepers

on the majority of the units sold the open augers that require center mounted worm to spur gearbox make it that much more difficult as power is being robbed from the impeller.

It was simple at one time where JD and IHC would be using a front mounted single stage that was driven off the crank like my old IHC cub cadet 112 garden tractor using a V belt and a right angle bevel gearbox to power a cross shaft to the #40 driven sprocket that spins a #40 chain to the rotate the larger single row #40 sprocket that spins the snow blower rotor.

Even a 48 inch Riest Series 1000 Single stage with wings added to make it six foot wide to the side weldments would be simple to own and operate as there is more available torque to the snow blowers final drive as there is no worm to spur gear drive that robs power. The single row drive and driven sprockets can be changed with simple hand tools to increase the snow blower rotor speed if desired.

One more added benefit is simply that this Riest Series 1000 snow thrower and the larger single stage models can be mounted on the front or rear with a few simple part changes.

They being Kubota, JD, RAD and MTD do not think of the consumer when it comes to longevity or simple maintenance for these things.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #32  
They being kubota, JD, RAD and MTD do not think of the consumer when it comes to longevity or simple maintenance for these things.

I often hear 5 hp per foot as a rule of thumb.
Translates to 6 ft as per suggestions however I run a 60" on a 20 HP tractor with gear drive and it works just fine 4 me.
\It is all about techniques.
Some times I raise and blow just the top layer of snow and re do the bottom then blow to the left or right taking a 1/2 cut.
In lesser events I use high reverse and go like ****.
Over time you adopt to the conditions.
If you want the ultimate, go 100 Hp, hydrostatic and nothing will bother you. (until U hit a brick or something)

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #33  
Another data point, I have an MF GC1720 (24 HP subcompact with a backhoe) that I adapted a 60 front mount pto driven blower to. Works just fine and we are at about 6,000 feet elevation so the motor is losing several HP. We get heavy wet Sierra Cement snow and sometimes I have to slow down to let the blower churn through it but not enough to be a nuisance.

I also have a truck mounted blower powered by a small block Chevy and I prefer the SCUT due mainly to much better maneuverability. The big blower will also bog the 350 cubic inch V8 right down, so go figure on the advantages of HP.

/ What size blower for a 30-35 HP tractor #34  
The big blower will also bog the 350 cubic inch V8 right down, so go figure on the advantages of HP.

I'm just curious, do you have a governor on the 350 to feed it more gas when it's working hard?