Tires What tires do you recommend for my 231S

/ What tires do you recommend for my 231S #1  

def38

Platinum Member
Tractor
M-F 231S
The 231 model weighs about 4200 lbs without an attachment. Most of my work will be disking and cutting with a flail mower, adding a max of about 700 lbs. The current rear tires (13.6 x 28) are chunked and worn. Do you recommend radials or bias ply? If bias, what ply rating?

Who makes good tires for the 231?

Thanks for the replies

/ What tires do you recommend for my 231S #2  
If you have a lawn mower and don't need your tractor for yard work, then I would suggest ag tires. A tubeless ag tire say maybe 6 ply may be a good fit. If you have a front end loader, you might consider putting fluid in the rear tires. What do you have on it for tires now? Are you happy with the tires you have now? If so, might put the same type of tire on that you already have.

/ What tires do you recommend for my 231S #3  
If you have a lawn mower and don't need your tractor for yard work, then I would suggest ag tires. A tubeless ag tire say maybe 6 ply may be a good fit. If you have a front end loader, you might consider putting fluid in the rear tires. What do you have on it for tires now? Are you happy with the tires you have now? If so, might put the same type of tire on that you already have.
I didn't realize the 231s was quite that big. I think I would definitely go with ag tires. Might consider a used tire. My allis Chalmers 185 needed rear tires really bad. I took some drive tire off an old John Deere 55 combine and used them. They work great and I've had them on there over 4 years.

/ What tires do you recommend for my 231S
No FEL on my MF 231S and I have no intention of adding one. Remember, the 4200 lbs is total weight. My goal is comfort. Which construction (bias or redial) allows reduced tire pressure without tire damage?

/ What tires do you recommend for my 231S #5  
My mf 1531 has a industrial tread pattern. They are pretty stiff tube less tire. So stiff that you can have a flat and not realize it. It rides pretty smooth. The only thing is, they work ok on the farm, but don't clean or get quite the traction as an ag tire. Really don't know if they are radial or bias. If I have to replace the tires on my mf, I will go with an ag type tread.