What's low hours on a TC

/ What's low hours on a TC #1  

Redfox

I'm looking at a couple of units. One had a bit over 200 hours and another has a bit over 100 hours. The 100 hour unit is being sold as 'new', the 200 hour unit is used, although they likely have very similar histories. I'm assuming that the 100 hours difference is fairly small, but I'm not sure. What do I need to look out for in a used unit? What constitutes low hours in a TC? What's the life expediency of a TC under normal utilization?

/ What's low hours on a TC #3  
Both of those units would be considered very low hours. Not sure there is a life expectancy answer. On a skid steer, 3000-4000 hours would be considered a lot by me. However, skid steers lead a harder life than most toolcats would have.

The D series is the latest version and has really nice riding independant suspension, has hydrostatic traction control, and horsepower management. These are not on the earlier versions. I think the d series started in 2007.

/ What's low hours on a TC
The one with 110 hours is a 2009.
The one with 220 hours is a 2008.
The price difference is $2500.

Which one would you go for?

/ What's low hours on a TC #5  
110 hours difference is nothing (as long as it was maintained). I'd save the $2500 and go with the 2008. I don't believe there were any changes between the '08 & '09 model year.

DEWFPO

/ What's low hours on a TC #6  
I am with DEWFPO, save the $ and go for the 2008. They should be essentially the same basic machine. Do they have the same options?

/ What's low hours on a TC
I am with DEWFPO, save the $ and go for the 2008. They should be essentially the same basic machine. Do they have the same options?

Same options, cab with heat / AC, deluxe road package, bucket and attachment control. The 09 comes with full warranty, the 08 just the drive train.

What's becoming the bigger difference is the delivery. The 08 needs to be shipped freight and there will additional costs and hassles at the receiving end, especially since my wife needs to accept delivery and I can't be there to oversee the delivery. Most likely it will need to be unloaded 40 miles from away and trailered over at additional expense. Alternatively I could take delivery at my primary residence but would need to trailer it 500 miles to my other property, which is a major nuisance since my truck is sitting on the wrong property. Additionally, this is a internet transaction and I've never inspected the unit, but have seen pictures and video.

Today the 09 dealer/salesman told my that he is willing to personally deliver his unit (500 miles) to my property. In my absence He will show my wife the basics of operation so that she can move it if she needs. I've seen, inspected (for what's that's worth) and driven this machine, and the dealer is less than five miles from my main residence.

Owing two properties 500 miles apart can be a hassle. :(