Mowing Whats the biggest rotary mower to use on B8200?

/ Whats the biggest rotary mower to use on B8200? #1  

moopups1

Got a chance to grab a 5 footer cheap that has replacement parts also, what is the widest bush hog type deck it will handle? Got welder and torches to make modifications, but to what width? Most mowing will be knee high vacant lots in the deep south. Its 19 HP, 9 speed, diesel, 3 cylinder.

/ Whats the biggest rotary mower to use on B8200? #2  
Is that 19 Engine HP or PTO HP? I'm pretty sure you mean 19 PTO HP.

"Got a chance to grab a 5 footer cheap that has replacement parts also"

By this statement, you are talking about the cutter width, correct?

I'd operate the 60" cutter as is to see if your tractor can handle it. I think the B8200 will. You may have to make partial width passes or run in a lower gear in heavy thick brush. You'll know that if the machine bogs down.

I ran 60" cutter behind a Deere 670 through heavy thick brush. This tractor has 16.5 HP at the PTO. Did a fine job too..

So, give the 5' cutter a try. If it doesn't work...sell it..suggest you don't modify the width. That would require more work then it's worth. Also, you'd have to trim the blades and balance them.

/ Whats the biggest rotary mower to use on B8200? #3  
I agree with Roy; I'd give it a try as is instead of modifying it. I had a B7100 (16 engine and 13 PTO hp) that pulled a 4' brush hog just fine, then the B2710 was 27 engine and 20 PTO hp and pulled a 5' one easily.