What's the skinny on KMW

/ What's the skinny on KMW #11  
My '02 6000 4wd Mahindra's loader is a KMW...hav'nt had a single issue with it since new...make sure you re-tighten the loader/frame bolts regularly for the first 100 hrs or so...I still check mine occasionally, but have'nt needed tightening for the last couple hundred or so hours...BobG in VA

/ What's the skinny on KMW
My '02 6000 4wd Mahindra's loader is a KMW...hav'nt had a single issue with it since new...make sure you re-tighten the loader/frame bolts regularly for the first 100 hrs or so...I still check mine occasionally, but have'nt needed tightening for the last couple hundred or so hours...BobG in VA

Yeah I intend to. The manual/manuals say to get after it with your wrenches every so many hours too.

/ What's the skinny on KMW #13  
Guess I should have searched on KMW and not Kansas Machine Works. Funny though, they don't list Mahindra as a supported tractor brand when you search their products for stuff they make. In fact, there is not one word on Mahindra anywhere on their site, no pics, nuttin and I think they the central US Mahindra distributor.
Seems like this tractor business isn't all that big. The whole of KMW only employs just south of 150 souls or less all told.

I could not find info on there sight about mahindra, but you can see a Mahindra in the loader torture test pic's on the lower right and left of this page. KMW - The KMW Difference I also see some mahindra stickers on the loader and backhoe pics near the bottom of page.

Last edited:
   / What's the skinny on KMW #14  
Our website is geared for our aftermarket, stand alone loader line. As a supplier to Mahindra we don't tout their products on our website. They do that on theirs. There is a very good historical account of our company on the web page however. I used to have out website linked in my signature, but TBN considered it advertising and made me remove it.

Our website is geared for our aftermarket, stand alone loader line. As a supplier to Mahindra we don't tout their products on our website. They do that on theirs. There is a very good historical account of our company on the web page however. I used to have out website linked in my signature, but TBN considered it advertising and made me remove it.

Oh goody, now we have someone we can quiz about our loaders and backhoes. LOL

Jeremy, I see you have a red tractor is that a Mahindra or one of the other red tractors?

/ What's the skinny on KMW #16  
Mahindra and Case IH are building these tractors right?

Back in the '60s, International Harvester entered a joint venture with Mahindra to build IH tractors in India with Mahindra badges for sale in India. That is why some of the early Mahindras are like IH tractors. As I recall, the joint venture ended after about six years.

Evidently, that is all it took for Mahindra to get the training and experience to go their own way. IH thought they would increase sales world wide. Instead, IH is now losing sales in their own country to their former partner.

Something about dog eat dog, biting the hand... Hey, 14-year old Indian girls have to eat, too.

/ What's the skinny on KMW #17  

My 2001-built 4110 has the KMW loader (ML112) as well and that loader has taken more abuse than it ever should have. Have only replaced 2 hydraulic hoses in all these years, loader is still straight and operates as it should and original pins still in fair condition (lots & lots of grease, every time I use it). My tractor is TYM built, including the engine and most everything else. Mahindra made Jeeps way back before they started making IH tractors.

/ What's the skinny on KMW #18  
They still do. Some photos I took in 2004:
Immaculate Indian Army jeep, CJ-3 style.
Rural taxi service - where cowpaths depart from the highway.
Willys Wagon style.

79793d1182701027-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-291img_1159-jpg
79794d1182701045-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-433img_1582-jpg
79792d1182701009-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-261img_1033-jpg
79796d1182701074-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-739img_2540-jpg

I first posted those in a 2007 thread about plans to sell the diesel Mahindra Pickup in the US. Apparently they passed EPA testing but then for some reason abandoned the contracts they had arranged with potential dealers.

They still do. Some photos I took in 2004:
Immaculate Indian Army jeep, CJ-3 style.
Rural taxi service - where cowpaths depart from the highway.
Willys Wagon style.

79793d1182701027-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-291img_1159-jpg
79794d1182701045-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-433img_1582-jpg
79792d1182701009-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-261img_1033-jpg
79796d1182701074-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-739img_2540-jpg

I first posted those in a 2007 thread about plans to sell the diesel Mahindra Pickup in the US. Apparently they passed EPA testing but then for some reason abandoned the contracts they had arranged with potential dealers.

That likely would have gone over pretty well here. I know I wish we could get the Toyota Hilux over here. Those are more like a real 4X4 that anything Toyota sells here now. Toyota America is too focused on the Soccer Mom market where all it has to navigate is a shopping mall parking lot.

/ What's the skinny on KMW #20  
Oh goody, now we have someone we can quiz about our loaders and backhoes. LOL

Jeremy, I see you have a red tractor is that a Mahindra or one of the other red tractors?

Oh yeah... I am around. I don't check in as often as I did in the past, so of something is pressing it's best to PM so I get an email notification.

That tractor is a bigger Case tractor with one of our loaders on it.