Whats this?

/ Whats this? #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Will it hasn't rain in some sort of form for the last day half,and today the temp finally hit 81 degrees.....yes.

The bad news is the weather forecast calling for rain showers on and off for the next 3 days.....just great..... not what I need.
Its been a long wet spring and I'm begining to wonder if the ground suface will ever dry up......yikes.

How about you guys do a little warm weather dance for us up here?

Take care one and all.

Thomas..NH

/ Whats this? #2  
Thomas, it is an absolute drought in Texas with everything starting to die now. Do a send it to Texas dance! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Whats this?
Re: Whats this?..wen.

I wish I had the gift to send you & Bird & Cowboy etc.. much needed rain.

Notice last night once again the hen turkeys have left there nest do to the damp weather.

Hope that jet stream dips way south for you gentleman.

Watch out for sun stroke and drink alot of fluids,also take some salt pills.

Stay safe and take care.

Thomas..NH

/ Whats this? #4  

Thanks

Mowed the orchard last night, and had to hand water the garden and hope that scattered showers this weekend include us. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Whats this? #5  

The grasshoppers finally destroyed my green beans. This morning, I picked just enough for supper tonight, then mowed the vines down and tilled them in. The tomatoes are thicker on the vines than I've ever seen, but they just started ripening within the past few days. I only picked about a gallon today, plus the first two gallons of black-eyed peas. Bell peppers, squash, okra, and cucumbers are doing great still, but sure show the effects of the grasshoppers. And I figure I have about a 50/50 chance of any of the corn surviving the grasshoppers. I also mowed the pasture today, so sure do wish it would rain.

Bird

/ Whats this? #6  

Bird,

I have a drip system on the cucumbers, squash, cantalopes, peppers, and tomatoes. My wife had to hand water the bean, black eyes, and corn. Maybe that will hold it til this weekend.

I have a fair stand of coastal up now. One GOOD rain like you had last week would probably get the roots down where it could weather this hot weather. Sure looks funny to see all that brown ground and a little shoot of bermuda about every 6 to 10 feet. Probably take all year to get a stand, but that would be better than re planting in January. (Bet some people can't even understand planting stuff in January) /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Whats this? #7  

Wen, it's too time consuming, but I only hand water my garden. The neighbor behind me has a pump and water lines to one of his stock tanks and uses sprinklers (except when the tank dries up like it did this past summer), and he has a pretty good garden, but he also has a lot of weeds and grass every year. I just hand water in the rows with one of the high volume, low pressure wands and use less water and have fewer weeds and grass that way (and a lower water bill).

Bird