Whats up for the future?

/ Whats up for the future? #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
One thing that I have felt that would be nice is a quieter engine. I found the following in Yanmars FAQ section:

<font color="green"> What is Yanmar’s status with regards to the upcoming EPA Tier II emission regulations?

We have already completed the design of our new TNV engine liquid-cooled series, which will comply with these new regulations. We have incorporated our own, new fuel injection technology along with some re-design to the combustion system to meet these tough new regulations. We have maintained a great deal of commonality to the current TNE series which will minimize the impact to our current OEM customers. Also, we have obtained a significant decrease in noise levels with the new TNV series . Our current plans are to provide samples to our customers two years in advance of the Tier II regulations going into effect. (emphasis added)

I really don't think that the current design is too bad, baut quieter is always better...

</font>

/ Whats up for the future? #2  
Mike:

<font color="blue">I really don't think that the current design is too bad, baut quieter is always better... </font>

I also like my TNE in a strange manly-man sorta way... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiskey

/ Whats up for the future?
I LOVE the new Cummins being so quiet.

I HATE the new Cummins, its too quiet.

Honest!

/ Whats up for the future? #4  
I can relate. My Duramax-equipped pickup is very quiet to drive but not very manly-sounding when you roll down the windows and crack the throttle.

On the other hand, the yanmar in my 2210 is extremely quiet, even at WOT, way quieter than my 335's 20HP gas motor.

I used to operate a JD 4230 with the 404 CI 6-cyl diesel. Now that dude would make some noise when pulling a load at WOT.

/ Whats up for the future? #5  
I HATE noisy diesels.

I HATE the old Cummins.

I HATE the old 7.4L Fords.

New Cummins, Duramax and even Ford's is much better. I have 2 older Fords that idle outside my office door for almost an hour each day. If I knew the guys a little better, I'd reach in the cab and flip the A/C over to full hot. Maybe they'd get the idea that its not appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I know the diesel is superior in almost every aspect when it comes to getting work done. I'm just glad the big 3 have finally made them quieter...Kyle

/ Whats up for the future? #6  
I agree..my Yanmar in the 2210 is cool. Much quieter than the 20hp Kohler in my Craftsman tractor. What's the beef??

/ Whats up for the future? #7  
I agree Richard, quieter is better. I drove around on a NH 2120 yesterday and forgot either how loud it was or how quiet my new tractor is. With a little 2 year old sitting with me, it makes appreciate quieter running anything all the more.