Wheel bolt problems

/ Wheel bolt problems #1  

Doc Lowell

Tractor
CK2610
Has anyone out there ever had all the front wheel bolts come off of a CK 2610

/ Wheel bolt problems #2  
Sounds like they were never tightened down and torqued correctly. When was the last time you retorqued them?

/ Wheel bolt problems #3  
The studs? That's odd. As mentioned, I'd torque them down properly...then I'd check the rears.

/ Wheel bolt problems #4  
Yes, this is a known issue and I was told by my dealer to check them as part of the normal pre-operation inspection/check.

/ Wheel bolt problems #5  
I've never had a loose wheel bolt/stud problem. However - as a precaution - remove each bolt/stud - one at a time - apply Blue LokTite - retorque. On my tractor only.

/ Wheel bolt problems #6  
Blue Loctite has avoided many problems for me with antique cars...

Just a drop will do it.

/ Wheel bolt problems #7  
You never answered if you have been torquing your wheels properly. Assuming you have and still having the issues...
I would replace the bolts with studs and locktite them in. Use correct nuts to match the wheels. Torque properly. Run for a couple hours and retorque. Problem should be over

/ Wheel bolt problems #8  
Was yours a new tractor??
I had 9 loosen and lost 2 lugs on my tractor about two weeks after first delivery. Happily it was my son who noticed the problem before it became serious. We torqued everything down again, and ordered replacement lugs.

This is most likely due to dealer not tightening lugs after initial assembly of the tractor.

/ Wheel bolt problems #9  
My Kubota Owners Manual says - retorque all wheel bolts and FEL frame bolts after ten hours of use. The idea being - some may loosen after initial use of the tractor.