Wheel wobble

/ Wheel wobble #1  

tangles

Tractor
2004 Jinma 254
Hi all, pretty new to the world of tractors but love my 2004 Jinma 254 with y385 motor.

When I move at speed I have noticed that I have alot of wheel wobble. I thought the front wheels need balancing but a friend said he thought it might be wheel bearings was the prob. My other thought went to wheel alignment but there is no pulling in a particular direction as you when in say a car.

There was some movement not alot when the wheel was rocked back n forward.
I actually don't have a manual but was wondering if anyone is able to advise and or has done them and can tell me how todo them.

Of course, I am open to your suggestions
Cheers

/ Wheel wobble #2  
I looked at Jinmas but I kept hearing "ya get what ya pay for" so I looked elsewhere. Hope the only troubles ya have are wobbly wheels. Sounds like a bearing issue but I don't know how those are set up. Sorry :-(

/ Wheel wobble #3  
Hi all, pretty new to the world of tractors but love my 2004 Jinma 254 with y385 motor.

When I move at speed I have noticed that I have alot of wheel wobble. I thought the front wheels need balancing but a friend said he thought it might be wheel bearings was the prob. My other thought went to wheel alignment but there is no pulling in a particular direction as you when in say a car.

I actually don't have a manual but was wondering if anyone is able to advise and or has done them and can tell me how to do them.
Cheers

I'd go with the bearings too. You might check toe-in and camber, but like wheel alignment, those shouldn't cause wheel wobble. Tractors don't move fast enough that balance should come into play.
Do both wobble? Seems unusual for both to fail at the same time though. Did you hit anything or drop into a ditch or depression?
It probably wouldn't hurt to pull both front wheels and see what's going on.
If you have an operator's manual, see if it says anything about adjusting the bearings. That's not common with new equipment, but that Jinma is probably an old design/technology. Won't hurt to read about adjusting bearings (google that) so you get an idea what's involved.

/ Wheel wobble #4  
2 cents

What type of tires are you running? My AG wobble also on hard pavement/high speed when fully inflated.

Check if with a lower pressure if it does not go away, might save you some new bearings
:)

/ Wheel wobble #5  
possibly loose bearings but i lean more towards bent wheels if its not a bearing issue. Both are easy to check. jack up one front tire at a time, grab the tire and try to wobble it top to bottom. wobbling it side to side can result in any loosness in ball joints showing up also. (the top to bottom shake eliminates the ball joint variable).
While you have each corner jacked up, set up a reference marker next to each tire/wheel. anything solid will work so that when you spin the tire you can check for runout or wobble as you turn the tire several full rotations. Also set you're indicator at the tire's center either front or behind the tire and spin, checking for out of round.
Though not likely, loose lugs can also cause a wobble, as can loose steering on equipment with lots of hours.

/ Wheel wobble #6  
jack the front end up.. find out if it is hub play or not. might have to take the tire / rim off to see if the hub has play.. etc.

soundguy

/ Wheel wobble #7  

I actually don't have a manual but was wondering if anyone is able to advise and or has done them and can tell me how todo them.

Cheers

If it's a four wheel drive model it will just be the lugs on the tyres causing it . My tractor bumps along until I get some speed up and then it smoothes out . It's also worse when 4X4 is selected .

If not a 4X4 , it could be the tyres are filled with liquid or foam that is sloshing around . Jack it up and spin the wheels and also check for loose bearings while it's up .

/ Wheel wobble
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your thoughts.

It is a 4x4 model & it does have liquid in the inside the tyres.

The tyres I have are not rice paddies and are just turf tyres.

The front right is the 1 that I have really noticed but it only wobbles when in going a bit quick in H3 on the road.