Tires wheels not tires, tires will come later

/ wheels not tires, tires will come later #1  

bal0123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2210, and 2, 425 John deere lawn tractors
Hey yall, I have a yanmar 2210, it is a great little tractor, I have owned this tractor for about 7 years now and it is amazing what I can do with it. My question is about the wheels. I have 9.5 X 24 on the rear with a 6 lug bolt pattern and rice tires filled with 20 gals. of window washing fluid each tire. I am wanting a wider wheel like on the John Deeres for two reasons: a little more of a cushioned ride and to allow more window fluid than I have now for extra weight. I also would like to replace the front wheels with more of a automotive style tire. Between the Thistles, Goat-Heads, and Cactus thorns the stock bias ply tires always leak and nearly always have flats and I have had to replace them just about every 2 years cause of so many punctures. I think a radial tire will fix the problem for the front and hopefully the R4's for the rear. Do yall have any suggestions on where I can find some wider wheels for the front and rear. The front wheels are 4.0 X 15 - 4 lug. Any suggestions would be much apperciated. Thanks

/ wheels not tires, tires will come later #2  
Yanmar also ran a 5:00x15 tire on that 3x15 front rim. 5:00x15 is available as an implement tire (5 rib) as well as 3-rib.

I have wondered about 5:50 x 15 auto tires (early VW and Volvo). I wonder if tougher trailer tires are available that narrow.

But as you noted you probably need wider rims to do it right. Then you might run an 8 ply trailer tire. However, steering it might get exciting. :)

/ wheels not tires, tires will come later #3  
I have 7 x 15 Gm wheels on my YM 2500. I just cut out the old center and made a new one from 5/16 plate steel. Drilled new lug holes and center to fit the Yanmar. I'm running 8.5 x 15 8 ply trailer tires on the front

/ wheels not tires, tires will come later #4  
I believe heywheel.com has been recommended before on this forum for a new set of wheels.

/ wheels not tires, tires will come later #5  
I believe heywheel.com has been recommended before on this forum for a new set of wheels.

I bought my wheels from Heywheel to put new R4's on. Good price, good service, truck shipped to dock near me. Terry