Where did the fluid go

/ Where did the fluid go #1  

Geoffff

Tractor
jd 2630
Hydraulics in my jd 2630 stopped working .My first thought was to check the fluid level . According to the dipstick , the tractors hydraulic is full . So a search of tractorbynet tells me it COULD be as simple as my screen being plugged . I drain the fluid and only 5 gals comes out ... according to TractorData.com John Deere 2630 tractor information full is 10 gals. I wonder where the other 5 gals. of hyd fluid went :confused:

/ Where did the fluid go #2  
Welcome to TBN
Actually you should get about 8 gallons when you pull the plugs. 10 gallons is when oil was added when system was completely dry at the factory. Did you check hyd oil with engine running as outlined in operators manual?

/ Where did the fluid go #3  
Hydraulics in my jd 2630 stopped working .My first thought was to check the fluid level . According to the dipstick , the tractors hydraulic is full . So a search of tractorbynet tells me it COULD be as simple as my screen being plugged . I drain the fluid and only 5 gals comes out ... according to TractorData.com John Deere 2630 tractor information full is 10 gals. I wonder where the other 5 gals. of hyd fluid went :confused:

I don't know about your machine, but my kioti has a couple of gallons in the lower section of the final drives near the rear wheels that does not come out with the main drain plug. You have to drain each side independently also.