Where is your utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Where is your utopia #51  
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Thought I would like to retire there, until we spent a week on the Island. Beauty is about all it has to offer. My suggestion...spend a week where ever you think you might like to retire.

View attachment 664116

I used to work with a really great guy who was a native Hawaiian. He joined the Army at 18, just to get off the islands for his first time ever. He never went back for over 20 years- he'd had enough of paradise.

/ Where is your utopia #52  
Florida
No state tax
Plenty of cheap land, especially if you want a farm
Warm winters
Drive to the Keys for vacations. Im there now. Beautiful :thumbsup:
Hope to be there more

+1 and let us not forget Gatorland :D Gatorland

/ Where is your utopia
I have done my fair share of seeing the country..my favorite place thus far has been Wyoming..but can稚 do the winters.
I知 100% in agreement that the northerners moving into other areas is usually a bad thing due to the baggage the bring with them..
I however am a redneck at heart and don稚 want or expect to get anything I didn稚 work for myself. ..don稚 even have a Boston accent so I can blend in almost anywhere. Another certainty is that we won稚 move to a blue or purple state. ..I知 in one now and I don稚 see it ever getting better here.

/ Where is your utopia #54  
One caveat for anyone thinking of moving to FL...The most common phrase you will hear from true natives is: "we don't give a #$%& how you did it up north"
They also have a "special wave" for those in cars with northern tags that tend to impede traffic...:D

/ Where is your utopia #55  
I don't need another tractor, but it sure would be sweet to find a Gisele Bundchen look alike.
I never heard of Gisele Bundchen...but to me she looks a lot like Caitlin Jenner. 20200723_142656.jpg20200723_142747.jpg

/ Where is your utopia #59  
I have done my fair share of seeing the country..my favorite place thus far has been Wyoming..but can稚 do the winters.
I知 100% in agreement that the northerners moving into other areas is usually a bad thing due to the baggage the bring with them..
I however am a redneck at heart and don稚 want or expect to get anything I didn稚 work for myself. ..don稚 even have a Boston accent so I can blend in almost anywhere. Another certainty is that we won稚 move to a blue or purple state. ..I知 in one now and I don稚 see it ever getting better here.

Tom,

If you're going to Vote Republican move on down here. Texas is big and has just about every type of terrain you could want. Rainfall on the east at the Sabine river is annual average about 56" all the way to 2" annual average in far west Texas. Not much if any snow except the Panhandle around Dalhart or Amarillo. The Texas Coastal Bend is very nice and some nice places are being built.

There are still plenty of small towns where you can retire and live at a slower pace if you want or jump right into the urban areas of Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio. It's all good.

Best thing I recommend is have a place in or near an urban area and a place in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.