where to chain a B3030

/ where to chain a B3030 #1  
K

kingoflawns

I installed custom hardware as there is no good place to chain & bind a B3030.

Attachments

• 846235-Tie Downs.jpg
    846235-Tie Downs.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 844
   / where to chain a B3030 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I installed custom hardware as there is no good place to chain & bind a B3030. )</font>
For transport you mean??

/ where to chain a B3030
This hardware is for chains to transport, this picture is the front, cut from half inch plate, mounted with grade A bolts. They look like factory stuff, i dont think the DOT will gripe, we will see?

/ where to chain a B3030
Photo, front brackets.

Attachments

• 846680-Fr brackets.jpg
    846680-Fr brackets.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 559
   / where to chain a B3030 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Photo, front brackets. )</font>

I dont think anyone will grip about that?? The trailers I see that guys here use to transport tractors with FEL's on them...have a piece of C channel at the very front...where the bucket can slip under the channel and then rolled...and that will add pressure ( downward) on the front tires....and will also keep ..partially..the tractor from going FWD.. A load binder hooked to the rear drawbar...hold the rear end down..and between the two..it cant go FWF or AFT at all. In between..I..me personally...have added clevis's and I mean HD clevises...to the loader FRAME...thru existing holes in it ( mid mount mower maybe??). With the front restrained..and the back held..and load binders on both sides....mine aint going no where

/ where to chain a B3030
Here in massachusetts, all chain binding must be on the primary machine, rear implements or DETATCHABLE fel's are not primary. My hardware is super strong and part of the primary machine, so i should be ok. My machine travels at least 3 days per week, i was going crazy trying to find places to chain & bind!

/ where to chain a B3030 #7  
Here's the "custom" hardware I use on the front of my TC. None other than the tiedown rings NH use to transport their machines to the dealer. They are usually free for the asking at NH dealers. I just stick my "Gr70" chain thru them, tighten as hard as I can, then use"US" made ratchet binders on the chain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 846707-Pic517 (Small).JPG
    846707-Pic517 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 521
   / where to chain a B3030
Those are slick thorndike and free too, good deal!

/ where to chain a B3030 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I installed custom hardware as there is no good place to chain & bind a B3030. )</font>

Correction. There's a great place on the back of your 'Bota to chain and bind to a trailer etc...

You got that draw bar right betwixt your rear wheels. Put one of them thar clevis hitches there, kinda like http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200315693_200315693 and just run your chain thru the clevis to each corner of your trailer.

/ where to chain a B3030
Massachusetts DOT wouldn't like that, they require 4 chains & binders pulling to opposing corners!