Where to mount a tool box?

/ Where to mount a tool box? #61  
usually I want a bigger tool box, so I mount a second one.

I bend up some flat bar out of my scrap steel box, and use existing threaded holes in the tractor to bolt it to,

Then it's just a matter of bolting the tool box to the flat bar,

The extra boxes have worked out pretty good for me...
Nice work!

I wish I had space for something like that. There's no room at all on the little YM186D. Photo. I have a little plastic box on the qhitch for pins, clips, small tools.

/ Where to mount a tool box? #62  
THe problem here would be not being able to see your 3 pt hitch now . I had the same issue and had to move the tool box .

Understand..

I can't see the 3pt hitch without raising up out of the seat....which of course kills the engine due to the fool seat switch....so it doesn't bother me to be there. If I really need to watch something hitching up, I end up kneeling in the seat looking backwards with the tractor in low range/1.....slowing creeping back.

What I dislike most is the box is too high for me to look in while standing on the ground, so I have to get tools 'by feel' or get back up in the station and look over the lid if it's something small.

If you have a box now, where did you mount it ? I thought about on the loader post down low, but I do a lot in the woods/brush, and I figured it might rip it off.

/ Where to mount a tool box? #63  
Understand..

I can't see the 3pt hitch without raising up out of the seat....which of course kills the engine due to the fool seat switch....so it doesn't bother me to be there. If I really need to watch something hitching up, I end up kneeling in the seat looking backwards with the tractor in low range/1.....slowing creeping back.

What I dislike most is the box is too high for me to look in while standing on the ground, so I have to get tools 'by feel' or get back up in the station and look over the lid if it's something small.

If you have a box now, where did you mount it ? I thought about on the loader post down low, but I do a lot in the woods/brush, and I figured it might rip it off.

Does your machine have a belly mower? If not, why have a seat switch motor cut-off then? I thought the reasoning was for riding lawn mowers to cut the engine off when the blades were running. This way, a foot wouldn't get snipped.

/ Where to mount a tool box? #64  
Does your machine have a belly mower? If not, why have a seat switch motor cut-off then? I thought the reasoning was for riding lawn mowers to cut the engine off when the blades were running. This way, a foot wouldn't get snipped.

It's also for if you fall off the tractor.

/ Where to mount a tool box? #65  
This is what I did for a toolbox on my tractor: