Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E?

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #21  
I guess I am just an Orange kind of guy. Recently purchased my 3rd Orange tractor which is an L3901. 68 hours on it. I am loving it. Don't think you will go wrong with the 3901. Use it for a day and the treadle will become second nature. Read some post about the JD feeling "tippy". While the 3901 will tip with a heavy enough load and steep angle it is very stable even with heavy loads. I am especially pleased with the agility and speed of moving around with the 3901. The Low range seems to be as fast as the Medium range on my previous B3200. On the B3200 I rarely used Low range, on the 3901 Low range is where I work mostly. Have used M range for short distance transport. Have not had it in H yet.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #22  
don't know about these size tractors, but I like the orange company over the green one based on the tractors I have owned from them.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #23  
I like the fact that the L3901 loader comes off and that skid steer attachments work on it. I dislike the leg room and the treadle pedal seems to be too close for us guys over 6 tall. I suppose I could go with the Shuttle to eliminate the treadle petal but do like the HST especially now in my 6th decade. //
I'm 6'1, in my 60's, and have zero brand allegiance. Bought. an L3200 (same size I believe) last year, my first tractor.

The Kubota treadle works great for me. Seat is adjustable fore-aft.

As someone else mentioned also in mid range most of the time.

People who mow a lot seem to remove the FEL, I never have.

The SSQA feature is HUGE! I would not buy a tractor without it, I switch back and forth between forks and the bucket regularly. So even if you get the Deere get that feature IMHO.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #25  
I could refute all the points made in the video, except the turning radius, but will only do 2. With HST, PTO operation isn't actually that much harder, engaging a big rotary cutter a full speed isn't a great idea either. The L series also has a cruise option. Also, no one actually uses a treadle pedal in the way shown, that really is uncomfortable. And JD's quick attack bucket system only works for JD. Kubota has the optional SSQA system that works for all loader attachments except JD. Don't get me started. Then again, Kubota probably has there own error filled video.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #26  
Which of those would I get? Definitely not the Deere. Too much aluminum in too many critical places. The salesman didn't even know the rear end was made of it.

That leaves the Kubota or something else.

Last year I bought a Mahindra 3016 after making pretty much the same comparisons. I debated over the 3616, which would give me 6 extra hp but decided it wasn't worth the extra money to me.

The new replacement 1533/1538 is pretty darn nice.... and no Tier 4 cookoffs or fluids.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #27  
No matter what you do, load the rear tires. The steel or cast iron Kubota is better than the JD aluminum rear end. But I feel my L3200 isn't really safe without loaded tires doing anything with the loader (or needing max traction). Even with loaded tires you still need proper ballast on the back for loader work.

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #28  
I second the previous three posts... the Deere "points" are not really valid ones. And SSQA is pretty universal, so be sure to go with it. Did anyone mention the 3 speeds with Kubota's HST? I guess if you make a habit of pouring gravel onto you hood, plastic might be better, but heck, it's still plastic!

/ Which tractor Orange L3901 or Green 3038E? #30  
Doesn't Yanmar still make the small John Deeres or is it just the engines now?

Mostly just the engine.
Yanmar does make the 2 series JD's, but Deere makes all the rest of them...all of them have Yanmar engines though.
The 4x20's had john deere engines in them, but TIER 4 killed those.