Which Tractor?

/ Which Tractor?
After watching my next door neighbor out yet again mowing his 5 acres with a riding mower, I'm leaning heavily towards the TC18 for mowing and anything that I would need 4wd (driveway maintanence in the winter), and keeping the 8N for when I need a bigger tractor (dragging large logs to the burn pile, etc.). I'll just have to keep from driving the 8N over my lawn when it's too wet. These ruts look awful!

We stopped in at the New Holland dealer tonight after hours so I could show my wife what I wanted. She made the comment that she wouldn't mind driving that. I haven't even bought it and she's already taking away my seat time. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif She won't get on the 8N (too big) and won't even go near the 2N (too ugly).

Opinions on the MMM vs RFM? The MMM seems nice for maneuverbility, but seems inconvenient in terms of removal. What is everyone else using in similar situations?

P.S. That low spot in the first photo will eventually become a pond, but having just finished the house two months ago, I've got more projects than I can deal with already. Some things will just have to wait until next year...

/ Which Tractor? #12  
<font color="blue"> Given the backgroung information above, what would you all suggest? Any other recomendations instead of what I'm looking at? </font>

The HN TC18 is very nice. So is the Kubota BX series, as others have stated. Tough choice between the two.

Just for fun, the Power Trac line of tractors, especially the PT425, is worth a look. It is very gentle on the lawn, will not tear up the turf, and is very versatile. It is also a great value for the dollar. I really enjoy mine. Good luck in your search.

/ Which Tractor? #13  
iwould go with the tc18 and still use a samller lawn tractor around the hose. easier if u have a lot of trees to get around and a lot of turns. another thing about the other tractors, is parts and getting somone to work on them if needed, especially warranty work.

/ Which Tractor? #14  
I would go with the dealer you like and can deal with. I am sure there are dealers that sell major brand and rebuilds in your area. My choice would be the BX22 TLB with a MMM. Then you have to decide how much to spend. I go for comfort and ease of changing implements. If you are never going to use a backhoe the BX2200 is the same tractor without the frame mounted backhoe. Have fun and go drive a few. I think if you try hydrostatic you will be spoiled.