white 4-80-17 HELP!

/ white 4-80-17 HELP! #1  

glennMC

Hi i have a '75 white 4-80-17 loader/back-hoe that i bought a few years ago to work around the farm and worked great until things started to break this winter. I've tried everywhere i can think of to find parts for it but most people can't even find the model number on their lists! Can anyone tell me of a good place to get parts for it or a oliver/white model that uses similar parts? So far I've had to have the parts machined for me. please, any help would be useful.

-Glenn

/ white 4-80-17 HELP! #2  
The 4-80 was derived from the 1650/1655 Oliver tractor which became the 2-70 White farm tractor. "4" indicates four wheel drive and the "80" is the approx. net engine HP, which equals about 66-70 HP on the farm tractor PTO. The engines were made by Waukesha Engine div. of Dresser Ind.

Now days White and Oliver parts are sourced through Agco dealers. Try to find one with Oliver experience, ask he has an old microfiche viewer and cards from the 70's. These illustrated the parts very well. If you are lucky he can print a copy for you. Not many Oliver dealers dealt in the construction/industrial stuff, but all had access to parts and parts lookup as the microfiche cards always included these models. Find the guy around 60 years old, he's the one that'll know.