Who made this??

/ Who made this?? #1  

traderjh

I have a blue rotary mower with no ID on and the gearbox has gone out. The gearbox does have an number of 1427 91010H. The shaft has a number of 103010611j6, which looks like a case #, but does not come up in their system. Any ideas??

Jim

/ Who made this?? #2  
How about a picture of the mower and closeup of the gearbox. Would certainly help get it identified.

Andy

/ Who made this?? #3  
yep.. pics will help... my claravoyance is acting up with all the rain and lightening here in florida this season.. ;)

soundguy

/ Who made this?? #4  
Google the numbers...You never know what you will find.

/ Who made this?? #5  
google finds this post pretty quick!

soundguy

/ Who made this?? #6  
Since I have several old bush hogs out back, and two of them are blue, I might be willing to go out and take a look provided I knew what I was looking for. I also add that a couple of pictures would do wonders for identifying the gearbox.No way am I going to climb around those things looking for a number to match unless the picture closely resembles it. I would also be hesitant to do it, considering you may be located halfway around the world as shipping might be more than the gearbox is worth.
David from jax

/ Who made this?? #7  
Jim, get out your ruler/tape and measure the holes (size and distance between) where the gearbox mounts to the deck. Go to a nearby TSC and measure the same dimensions on one of their gearboxes. I know Howse and King Kutter use 40 hp gearboxes that are interchangeable because I swapped one from a Howse to a King Kutter.

I say all this because if you cannot ID the cutter, even finding the brand might not be much help. There may be no parts available. This is the best advice I can give without a picture of the cutter showing specific details like if it has a stump jumper and how many teeth are on the output shaft going inside the stump jumper. I have an old mower with a good gearbox and mangled blades. The spline is 11 teeth, a bit of an oddball. You just never know. When an old mower like this breaks, it's sometimes better to haul it to the scrapyard and go buy a new one or a used one of known brand with parts support.