Who makes good quality hydraulic cylinders?

/ Who makes good quality hydraulic cylinders? #1  

jim_wilson

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200 w/ BH77 & 12", 18" & 24" buckets, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660, Artillian Fork frame, Extreme 3pt rake, Concrete Mixer, MyTractorTools grapple adapter
I have been looking around at hydraulic cylinder prices for a project I am thinking about for my BX23 and was wondering if anybody knew what manufacturers make good quality hydraulic cylinders. I looked up a few part numbers on www.tractorsmart.com and the prices that Kubota wants for cylinders looks to be about double what I would expect to see for a comparable cylinder in Surplus Center or Northern Tool. Anybody know who makes good quality stuff? I don't mind paying for a good product but I dont want to just waste money either.

/ Who makes good quality hydraulic cylinders? #2  
For the work that we do with our tractors, any of the ones from Surplus Center, Bailey or Northern Tool will be more than adequate. Choose your brand, Prince, Chief, Lion, Maxim, Southern, CH or a Bailey custom. The specs on these are all very close and the quality is there. My personal favorite, and best bang for the buck is Chief.

Your mileage may vary but I would not spend big bucks for any overpriced Kubota cylinder when I can get a good Chief for less.

/ Who makes good quality hydraulic cylinders? #3  
Look on eBay and you might find a name brand for about 1/2 of what it usually retails for. I picked up a new, never used, one for converting my landscape rake to hydraulic turning on e Bay for $50 including shipping and the closest one that I could find like it on Surplus Center was about $100. Lots of stuff out there if you are just willing to spend some time looking.