Buying Advice Why are there so many low hour tractors for sale!?

/ Why are there so many low hour tractors for sale!? #11  
Some tractors only "clock" based on PTO speed, some clock whenever the key is on. I've only put about 45 hours on the tractor hour meter I bought 3 years ago. I've probably operated it for well over 200. So I've had my tractor running doing backhoe work and rarely at PTO speed. I moved snow with my FEL for over several hours, I think only 1 hr showed up on the clock.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...150221-b7610-hour-meter-tach-revolutions.html

So that's another factor to take into account.

/ Why are there so many low hour tractors for sale!? #12  
I almost bought a Kubota with 21 hours on it. It was slightly larger than what I got and came with a boxblade with hydraulic rippers and top and tilt. The dealer said it was bought for road work but the company folded and since the loan was through Kubota they repo'd it and gave it to the dealer to sell.

I would have bought it but the salesman was sort of a flake and when I asked for a price to add a center PTO it took him a couple of weeks of me hounding him before he got me a price. By then someone else put a deposit on it.

/ Why are there so many low hour tractors for sale!? #13  
some dealers will list tractors on tractor house that are actually new machines, but they show them with a few hours so skirt dealer agreements that prohibit promoting sub list price on new equipment. same thing happens on ebay.

/ Why are there so many low hour tractors for sale!? #14  
With the smallish ones, I bet people think they will mow just like a riding mower and find out differently after 1 attempted use.

many probably bring them home without asking the little lady too, but for the most part I'd guess its some sort of sales gimmick