Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals?

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #1  

Pitch1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Max 25
Seems strange that it is equipped with turning brakes that can't be used! Maybe I am doing something wrong, but how do I depress one pedal while keeping the hydro pedal engaged?

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #2  
Some serious monkey toes would be about the only way.

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #3  
Left foot braking?
Used to give good times through a corner with a RWD car by avoiding lift throttle tail wagging.

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #4  
Seems strange that it is equipped with turning brakes that can't be used! Maybe I am doing something wrong, but how do I depress one pedal while keeping the hydro pedal engaged?
there is a metal plate that flips up so you can use the independently

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #5  

there is a metal plate that flips up so you can use the independently

Cruise control. Keeps the hydro engaged, you just have to hit the brake. That and tilt steering take the work out of tractoring.

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #6  
I have found with a small tractor you can operate the individual brakes by hand whlle using the go pedal by foot.
larry

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #7  
I have found with a small tractor you can operate the individual brakes by hand whlle using the go pedal by foot. larry
lol since I operate my hst by a hand control I forgot about using your right foot for both the brake too.

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #8  
I had the same thing on my 2615HST. Only way to use brakes for steering was to have tractor HST Cruise control lever engaged. Then you could use independent brake pedals for turning. (they should have put brake pedals on the other side). I never used the cruise control so couldn't use brakes for steering.

/ Why does a Max25 have two brake pedals? #9  
I had the same thing on my 2615HST. Only way to use brakes for steering was to have tractor HST Cruise control lever engaged. Then you could use independent brake pedals for turning. (they should have put brake pedals on the other side). I never used the cruise control so couldn't use brakes for steering.
Like you say on cruise control. ... Otherwise, in tuf maneuverable situations, I lean over and operate individual brakes by hand while finessing the go pedal.
larry