Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's?

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #11  
I feel that the BX is a well built tractor for a home owwner and that the hydro might take a lot of load holding the trencher.

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #12  
Art you are right on that when I ran mine on the B21 the transmission would get so hot you could not lay your hand on it after a while

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #13  
The tranny shouldn't be a problem. You'd be pulling the trencher forward not holding it back. Moving really slowly is no load at all on the trans. Certainly no more load than a reverse rotation tiller. The trencher would bog the engine long before you loaded the transmission at all. The HSTs are just big hydraulic systems. On a 100 degree day,they get much hotter than you can put your hand on . Check the temp sometime. You probably won't want to hold your hand on 150 degree metal for more than a second or two. Transmission temp of 150 is not very hot.

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #14  
The transmission was well over 150 degrees closer to 190 I measured it with my heat gun and yes you are trying to pull the trencher foward at the same time the trencher is trying to pull the tractor backward as far as the load on the transmission being no worse that a reverse tine tiller the tiller will only dig down 8" or so try going down in the ground almost four feet with the boom close to 90 degrees and keep it close enough to the face of the trench to cut it takes way more power than any tiller.

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #15  
Hi DH,
My first point was that whether or not you can put your hand on an item is not always a good indicator of the temperature. 150 is not very hot for a transmission yet is probably very uncomfortable for your hand. I was not implying that your transmission was only 150. That being said, 190 is not terribly hot either.
Second, as for strain on the tractor, we buy 'em because they can pull hard without tearing up. And, they can turn the PTO continuously at or near full load. I can't see the trencher creating any more strain than a chipper, tiller,, plows, whatever. Tire traction usually limits the "pull" and the Hp limits the PTO output. The tractor's designed for those loads.

/ Why trencher for B21 but not for BX's? #16  
A trencher is the hardest attachment there is on a tractor I have ran just about every attachment there is between my own equipment and the dealer I work for. I have never saw anything that will shake and move like a trencher
They are also one of the most high mantaince items there is even the large trenchers and rock saws we sell and service.