Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors

/ Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors #11  
Those little winged critters don't like to be mowed at all. My wife was mowing one time and hit a nest. The bees swarmed and had at her and the dog as they ran for the house. She made it into the house, up the stairs and into the shower before they gave up. Got her bad enough that we ended up at the hospital for several shots and a few bad days of recovery. Guess who she thinks should mow the lawn these days.

MarkV

/ Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors #12  
I mowed over a nests of wasps in the ground once with a push mower. I imagine the vacuum was sucking them up into the mower and making them pretty mad. Got about 25 stings or so as I ran into the house, some were even stuck in my clothes. Not fun. You can sure feel the effects of the venom in that number of stings.

Needless to say I nuked their nest that night.

/ Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors #13  
Interesting thread. Mowed over some yellow jackets a month ago and got hit 3 times. Much better than the last time. Push mower over nest, yellow jackets up trousers, in shirt, all around, etc... Shed clothes during RUN across street to house. My siblings still laugh about that one from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif RUN NAKED /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif May not be the best of advice! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors #14  
I was mowing around my pond last week, and all of a sudden I felt this BURN on my neck... I knew immediately what it was.. I swatted it away.. I had been stung. I looked back behind me and I had just ran the bush hog over a hornets nest the size of a large watermelon. Since hornets don't build on the ground, I quickly realized that it must have fallen at some point from the tree above it. Anyways, when I looked back, they were swarming EVERYWHERE... then of course I started feeling stings on my legs and back.. etc. But being right up next to the pond edge (a fairly large dropoff), I had no choice but to be calm because if I would have drove off into the pond, it very well could have drown me.. so I reached down, turned the key off, unfastened my seatbelt and jumped off and ran like hell. All in about .05 seconds.. hehe.. I ended up with 7 stings. Ouch!

/ Why we wish we all could afford cab tractors #15  
I was disking a unused field with a 4020 when I ran over a yellow jacket nest. Noticed it when I got stung about 4 times. Went from 3rd to 8th. Once I cooled down I drove back by where I thought the nest was. Sure enough they were still swarming. I aimed the tractor at the nest, put it in first, dropped the disk, hopped off, and let her rip. Buried those *&^$&%$ers!

JT