Wide Stance

/ Wide Stance #1  

Ace3

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540 Cab
Last year I added 1 1/2" wheel spacers to the rear wheels of my B3030 to accomodate chains. The added benefit was a bit more stability the hills. I was thinking about increasing the width of the front wheels by simply swaping the wheels from side to side. That would put the larger offset of the wheels on the outside thereby increasing the width about 4" total. Other than the fact that the valve stems would be on the inside, are there any other problems I should think about before doing it?

/ Wide Stance #2  
Last year I added 1 1/2" wheel spacers to the rear wheels of my B3030 to accomodate chains. The added benefit was a bit more stability the hills. I was thinking about increasing the width of the front wheels by simply swaping the wheels from side to side. That would put the larger offset of the wheels on the outside thereby increasing the width about 4" total. Other than the fact that the valve stems would be on the inside, are there any other problems I should think about before doing it?

Anything in terms of this kind of thing stresses the outer wheel bearing a tiny bit, but just the wheel offset of what 1 1/2-2" at most? That won't really be all that big of deal, bearing stress wise. 3 or 4 inches? Oh yeah. But then, outside bearing are not all that expensive anyhow. Stability is more important. My .02

/ Wide Stance #3  
Since the front axle floats, I don't think widening the fronts will add stability.

I think the primary reason for widening the fronts is to match the rears for row crops.

Ken