Winch on PT422?

/ Winch on PT422? #1  

emr

Tractor
Power Trac PT422
I just saw this in a Harbor Freight flyer...... Has anyone mounted something similar on their machine? Is it useful? This one seems to be really cheap and might just be worth a gamble.
20170223_153712.jpg

/ Winch on PT422? #2  
I will say this. Yes, it would probably pull you out if you were stuck. However, with that said, the PT400 series has tiny little batteries. And tiny little charging systems. These things can literally pull a hundred amps with a load. It'll kill your battery and charging system with any frequent use. Also, it has a 5% duty cycle. The manual says you can operate it for 45 seconds. Then it has to sit for 14 minutes and 15 seconds before you can use it again.

So, what are your plans for it? Just to get unstuck should it ever occur? Or pulling firewood on a regular basis?

/ Winch on PT422?
I have no idea what we'd use it for. Possibly to pull if we ever get it stuck. Maybe winching logs a little. Possibly pulling shrubs out. It just seems like it could be handy at times. I guess how often we'd use it would depend on where it was mounted..... Front or back.... We have a specialized winch made for tree work that we can mount to a receiver hitch that will be slower but much stronger than this harbor freight winch.

You dont make this sound like a real great and useful tool. Maybe we'll just stick to what we have.

/ Winch on PT422? #4  
It's cheap, but as MR points out, if you plan to use a winch much at all, you really need to have a hydraulic or gasoline powered winch, or something hand powered.

If it is just to get you unstuck, you are probably better off with a good winch rope and a manual come-a-long, especially if you have lots of trees around to pull on. Dirty Jobs S2E22 Special x5 1th Dirty Jobs Special XviD - YouTube

All the best,

Peter

/ Winch on PT422?
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure I'll save my money.

This link is a little off topic but I think many of you will find it entertaining. It is a video comparison of our winch (the GRCS) to another similar product. The video doesn't do a good job showing its winching capabilities but it does a great job showing how tough it is. Hopefully you will enjoy.

GRCS vs Hobbs - YouTube