wireless hotspot

/ wireless hotspot #11  
I have the Verizon Fusion system. It is a router, wi-fi, cell phone tower link all in one. In fact, the wireless router works better than any wireless router I've had so far including the expensive CradlePoint router I replaced. I get strong reception in every room in the house and all the way out to the sheds (60' across the yard). I had the Mi-Fi hotspot and it was just ok. The fusion system gives me 4G and pulls in the cell tower signal much stronger and more reliably than the Jet Pack or Mi-Fi did. I live in a rural area and that is important to me. It comes with a "Cantenna", a can-shaped powered antenna that mounts outside and is not picky about where you mount it. In fact, the technician mounted mine under some bushes that were growing up the side of the house because the wife did not want to look at it. It is not battery operated. I highly recommend it.

/ wireless hotspot #12  
My wife and I use our smart phones as a modem, either through a blue tooth tether or a wireless hotspot. We each have a 6GB data plan though. It works very well. The blue tooth has a very good range, but is not quite as fast as the hotspot.