wondering if anyone can help on my welder

/ wondering if anyone can help on my welder
Glad to hear that your issue was so minor. If I recall correctly, you were ready to go out and get a new welder (I might be thinking of a different thread). Ain't TBN great?:thumbsup:

Yea, but that was on the problem before, turned out to be the factory preset pressure valve. It gave up the ghost. Replaced that with a real gauge. I can't complain about this little welder, it's given me 10 years of service, with only the two issues, and really only the pressure valve was a true broken part. I'd assume the tips are considered a "wear" item. Never figured that would be, but as I learn more, I can see how it would be.

Was watching Dateline with the wife last night, as they were showing the scammers on plumbing and AC repairs. Showed a few very honest ones too. But there's been times when I felt like the woman who acted like she was helpless on the show, to see how they would scam her. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Funny, I took one welding class (stick welding) over 30 years ago, and the little bit I retained got me through a lot of years of crappy welds. What I have learned through this site has improved my welding by probably 300%. Plus I have gained Soooooo much more background info as to WHY the welds are better.

This is saying nothing about what all I have learned about the tractor itself. Allowed me to pay 4K for a little MF1010 and keep 'er going mightily nicely thank you very much. Things I would have otherwise taken it to a shop to repair and spent lots of $$$ no doubt.

I am fortunate enough, as well, to have a lot of mechanical background, in a lot of areas, but some things I was just plain ignorant of. Well, this site is fillin in the gaps nicely!

I picked up some packs of new tips at home depot this AM after dropping the granddaughter off at school.

Many thanks to all here, for your vast experiences, and willingness to share them. I hope my background can help others the same way.