Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #1  

Bswope

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3540
Just wanna see if my quotes are reasonable on these, the dealer close to my house quoted me $650 for the 60" BB and $600 for the 60" landscaping rake.
Are these reasonable prices or do I need to look else where for better prices?

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #2  
Woods makes a good product but those prices sound kind of high.
I bought a 7' Lienbach landscape rake for less than they are asking for a 60".
The most common advice on what you should get will be to buy top shelf stuff once and never look back. For implements I don't think I will use that often or hard I look for bargans.

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #3  
I bought a 60" Woods compact rake (sized for a BX) 5-6 years ago and paid $450. If you are talking about a full sized 60" rake, with the cost of steel risng over the last several years, I think it sounds reasonable

Will

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #4  
Well on my local craigslist there is/was a 60" Woods landscape rack for $350 and a 48" Woods boxblade for $300 and they looked NEW. I almost called to buy the rake but I don't need it. If the boxblade was 60" it would have been in my garage by now ;)

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #5  
I have the RB84. Paid about that 4 years ago. But, if doing it again, I'd buy used. A couple of things:

You might want to go bigger than 60". When angled, will it cover your tire tracks? If you plan to trench, the length and offset ability is better with a larger blade.

The regular duty Woods blade is OK. But, it will bend if it catches on something. My 25 HP tractor pulls the 7 footer with no problem and it's just wide enough. It bent on me when it caught on a root while going down hill in 2nd gear, low range. Tractor didn't even hesitate nor grunt. The pivot plate bent. It sure could be beefier. This says, if I ever replace it, I'll be looking for a heavier duty blade.

I've been looking for a used 7 foot rake. But, they are less plentiful and seem to command higher prices too. But, here I could get by with a 6 footer.

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake
WOW!!!!!!! Just called around to some local JD dealers and they are wanting $1100 for the 5' Frontier BB and $900 for the 5' rake.... LOL looks like im not buying Frontier attachments........

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake #7  
Just wanna see if my quotes are reasonable on these, the dealer close to my house quoted me $650 for the 60" BB and $600 for the 60" landscaping rake.
Are these reasonable prices or do I need to look else where for better prices?

Not a reply regarding cost, but... In consideration of the sizes you're citing, I've been told that for rakes and blades, you should always go at least one or two "sizes" wider that your tractor width. Reason being is that it allows you to angle it, thus scraping off to the side (and out of your 'track' which allows you clean on successive passes. Especially desireable if you're moving snow. Don't know if I'm illustrating my point very well...

Say you angle 15 degrees and make a pass. Now you have a single-file row of rock/dirt to pass again to continue to shove off to the margins. Of course, if you're doing fill work, you'd go perpendicular. Am I making sense?:confused:

Stuart

/ Woods 60" BB & 60" Landscaping rake
Not a reply regarding cost, but... In consideration of the sizes you're citing, I've been told that for rakes and blades, you should always go at least one or two "sizes" wider that your tractor width. Reason being is that it allows you to angle it, thus scraping off to the side (and out of your 'track' which allows you clean on successive passes. Especially desireable if you're moving snow. Don't know if I'm illustrating my point very well...

Say you angle 15 degrees and make a pass. Now you have a single-file row of rock/dirt to pass again to continue to shove off to the margins. Of course, if you're doing fill work, you'd go perpendicular. Am I making sense?:confused:

Stuart

Im with ya!! I wanted to go bigger but just wasnt sure my tractor could handle the bigger size.
Im a heavy equipment operator and need to remember this tractor isnt a 963 CAT loader or my D6R that I operate! LOL :thumbsup:
Im new to the compact tractor world and im not sure what they can handle size wise as far as attachments go..