Woods 750 Back Hoe 3 point hitch part(s)

/ Woods 750 Back Hoe 3 point hitch part(s) #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
I have a Woods 3 point hitch 750 Backhoe attachment. There is a steel piece about 8 inches long with a hole in one end that slips over a projection to lock the boom from swinging around or moving in transport. Unfortunately upon loading the tractor/hoe combo the bucket must have made contact with the ground and broke the projection off and the securing 8 inch piece was lost. I could not locate the name of the item etc. on the Woods parts site.
I am hoping someone can name the piece(s) and parts numbers etc. so I can order a replacement. The projection either looks cast but it is broken and will need to be drilled out and a replacement welded in unless there is another way to repair it. This was broken once before and I just chained it up to secure it so I could still use the tractor.
Any information you can provide based on this limited input from me would be appreciated. Thanks

/ Woods 750 Back Hoe 3 point hitch part(s) #2  
Pretty sure that's called the boom lock to keep the boom from leaking down that works in conjunction with a pin in the pivot area to keep it from swinging.
Woods may be able to sell you the locking strap but on mine it's just a steel bar with 2 holes in it. I'd be really surprised if they will sell you either welded-in protruding pin/boss by itself that the strap attaches to -rather they will try to sell you the entire weldment.
IMO assuming it's the same setup as mine, they are simple steel parts than can be fabricated with a hack saw and drill press and the pin welded in and this is the way I would go.

/ Woods 750 Back Hoe 3 point hitch part(s) #3  
#15 boom lock plate that MT is referring to on his.

Attachments

• F7838603-58E8-4638-82CB-35EEBD602321.png
    F7838603-58E8-4638-82CB-35EEBD602321.png
    966.9 KB · Views: 34
   / Woods 750 Back Hoe 3 point hitch part(s)
Thanks.