Wood's Back Hoe

/ Wood's Back Hoe #11  
Thanks a bunch Fjord. My rear wheels are pretty darn heavy so taking them off is probably a pain :)

/ Wood's Back Hoe #12  
Sully2,
If you don't need a hoe right away, look at local shopper guides and craigslist. When I was looking to buy, all I saw was expensive junk. Once I bought one, I saw some sweet deals out there. It always seems to work out that way for me.

/ Wood's Back Hoe #13  
One other thing I've mentioned in some other posts. If you decide to put off getting the BH for a while, it might be a good idea to find out which threaded holes on the tractor are used for mounting the subframe and then plug them to keep out the dirt. Mine was only a few months old but there was already some mud in the holes that I had to clean out.

/ Wood's Back Hoe
shvl73 said:
Sully2,
If you don't need a hoe right away, look at local shopper guides and craigslist. When I was looking to buy, all I saw was expensive junk. Once I bought one, I saw some sweet deals out there. It always seems to work out that way for me.

No way I need one right away. Probably dont need one AT ALL....lol. So speed is NOT of the essence at all. I just think one woud come in mighty handy at times

/ Wood's Back Hoe #15  
Sully2 said:
No way I need one right away. Probably dont need one AT ALL....lol. So speed is NOT of the essence at all. I just think one woud come in mighty handy at times

At first I tried to figure out how to justify getting it by the $ worth of the work I could do with it, but no matter how I tried, I couldn't so I got it anyways. For the amount of work it's done so far my cost is probably about $400.00 per hour but I like having lots of ornaments to fill up my garage. If you get a new one you won't have to worry about what kind of crap might be in the oil thats in it although if you found a good deal on a used one you could just change all your fluid after first use just to be safe.

/ Wood's Back Hoe #16  
A backhoe is kinda like a posthole digger...you don't need either when there is a manual one for 20.00 at HD or a shovel for the same price:)

/ Wood's Back Hoe #17  
I just got a Kubota BH-90 last week. After an afternoon of figuring out which lever to pull (and when), I was able to dig this little 600 foot, 3-foot deep trench over the next few days.

DSC_0016.jpg

/ Wood's Back Hoe
Great job David!! Sure beats a pick and shovel...dont it?.....:D

/ Wood's Back Hoe #19  
Absolutely!! It is truly amazing how much power the hoe has, as it effortlessly brings up 75 lbs or more per bucket. We did find a few sections with some rocks, but they just took a little longer to pry them up -- the biggest were about 8" across.