Backhoe Woods Backhoe

/ Woods Backhoe #1  

dpl96

Tractor
a 67 Cub LowBoy - would love to restore her. Also have a 2004 Kubota BX-23.
Has anyone read or found any information on a Woods 3 point backhoe for the CK20 and what is everyone's opinion on 3-points for the CK20 ?? Thanx

/ Woods Backhoe #2  
Well, for 3pts. in general they are very hard on a tractor. They have been know to break a machine. Subframe mounted hoes are much better. They are better for a machine because the forces are exerted over the subframe instead of the tractor itself.

/ Woods Backhoe #3  
I prefer the subframe mounted backhoe myself..

/ Woods Backhoe #4  
was just looking at woods backhoes the other day for an lk3054 and saw they have a new 6.5 ft dig depth for ck20 size tractors . the boom is curved like the big cat backhoes realy cool looking rig.unfortunatly woods only make them in the smaller units so far. i think i will wait to buy one and see if they are going to make 7,8ft dig depth in the curved boom style. i am an equipment operator by trade and have run small 3 point backhoes had some problems on some with frame bolts loosening on tractor and sheard bolts.didnt have any major failures but it did show there is added stress to the machine.when i get my backhoe i will definitly get a sub frame. for the money and ease of hookup i dont want to take any chances on breaking my tractor.

/ Woods Backhoe #5  
Are you talking about the new Woods Groundbreaker BH6000 for SubCUTs? The CK20 is not a SubCUT. It is a small chassis CUT. The new Woods Groundbreaker hoes are real nice.

/ Woods Backhoe #6  
A three point on a CK20 is asking for trouble, and it would not be covered under warranty as Kioti expressly forbids coverage for them. John

/ Woods Backhoe #7  
I prefer a subframe mounted hoe. It spreads the digging stresses out so they are not nearly as apt to damage your tractor.

/ Woods Backhoe #8  
Woods does have a subframe for the BH6500 backhoe which is a four point mount system for the backhoe. I just received one in and installing it on a CK20.
Dean Moore
Granville, NY

/ Woods Backhoe #9  
Have a 6000 groundbreaker here but the 4 point subframe will be out for delivery next week. Fresh off the press .
Will update in a week or two.

Hoe is very nicely constructed First Class.