Woods BB72X brushhog

/ Woods BB72X brushhog #1  

xcsp

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TN-55
I have a question on my blades one Blade spins completely around on pin and the other blade is frozen solid on pin ????? which one is the correct position on the blade ????????.

Thanks
Greg
PXL_20230520_192547212.jpg

Last edited:
   / Woods BB72X brushhog #2  
Can’t picture exactly what you’re describing, but brush hog blades should not be fixed solid to the shaft (like you would find on a finish mower).

There has to be some “give” on the brush hog blades, because they basically work by smashing into the grass/shrubs/saplings, etc.

For the blade that you say doesn’t have any give to it, maybe soak the pin with done penetrating oil a few times, then whack it with a sledge hammer to break the bond.

/ Woods BB72X brushhog #3  
The blades should rotate on the pin. If it smashes into a rock or stump it needs to be able to pivot away from the spinning of the heavy disc. My guess is if it does hit something it will free up. Have you used it and it was still rigid?

/ Woods BB72X brushhog
Thanks guys for the reply I thought the blade should rotate freely on pin. I am going to soak the one blade that is solid on pin and try to free it up.

/ Woods BB72X brushhog
Update on my blades was able to free up that blade kept putting penetrating oil on it and pounding that pin and got that blade to move freely now.

/ Woods BB72X brushhog #6  
Update on my blades was able to free up that blade kept putting penetrating oil on it and pounding that pin and got that blade to move freely now.
Thanks for the update! Good to know that some fixes are solved, and how.