Woods Vs. Blizzard brand 64" Snowblower?

/ Woods Vs. Blizzard brand 64" Snowblower? #1  

MattEffinCameron

Silver Member
Tractor
B2920
any thoughts on these brands? I have some cash from tax return and currently have found a Blizzard 64" ever so barely used for just under 2k, and a brand new Woods blower for 2k. Thinking about jumping on one this weekend before the deals are harder to find. Logic dictates that you can scoop up a great deal in the summer on a snowblower but the reality I found last year is that spring deals disappear quick, there are virtually 0 listings in summer, and before you know it you are buying in early/late fall when prices peak as people get ready for winter.

I thought I saw 64s last spring going for 1500 (on craigslist) but this year people seem to think they're going to get 2500...which seems feasible given some of the "new" prices I see advertised at local dealers...and the consistency of the 2500 asking price leads me to believe that might just be where the market is set this spring.

/ Woods Vs. Blizzard brand 64" Snowblower? #2  
Both are good snow blowers but buy the one with the biggest diameter fan, also a 4 paddle fan throws snow much better then a three paddle.
DevilDog

/ Woods Vs. Blizzard brand 64" Snowblower?
Thanks. I was looking at a closeout Woods from Cabelas vs a used Blizzard on craigslist...went with the new Woods model as the used blizzard was going to be 25% more expensive :) It has 4 paddles so I guess I am in good shape!